Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benbulban access

Options
  • 04-09-2010 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Was a bit disapointed today to find a "Private property no access" sign on the top of the lane of the south slope of Benbulban. Only went up this year. I've never heard of any issue here. Its sad really it's a lovely way up i have gone this way for years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Madjackjr wrote: »
    Was a bit disapointed today to find a "Private property no access" sign on the top of the lane of the south slope of Benbulban. Only went up this year. I've never heard of any issue here. Its sad really it's a lovely way up i have gone this way for years.

Who'd have thought it. @The Bull@ McSharry's side is the easiest access. How times have changed:D

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Madjackjr

The Bull McSharry hasn't changed, he still has all the signs up at his house "hillwakers are like a red flag to the bull" being one of my favourites :rolleyes: he doesn’t own the land in the valley behind Benbulban he has it the next one over, behind Benwisken

I thought all that "bull"sh1t was put to bed, no? I walked up his way several times. All over Benwisken and Benbulben and back down again. My plan was to stay out of range if he had a shotgun and otherwise tell him where to go. He's a prize numpty. No defamation here mods. He's been all over T.V. in the past, chained to his gate. Even had the gall to put himself up for election. Got approx. 20 or 30 votes.

Most of Benbulben is cominage so there is no issue there. As for Benwisken it depends on witch side you aproch it. Although i was watching a video on youtube of a group up in Diarmuid and Grainne's Cave taken last May so i don't whats up now, but the last time i went by his house the signs were up. 20 or 30 he would have been lucky to get that many votes:P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,374 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

the new walking hub in donegal town has caused parts of the mountains up here to have no access signs put over them mainly edregole (access to lough belshade) haveing walked it for 10 years i find the farmers attitudes disappointing

but nice to get up benwisken at last

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11 druidland

il gatto wrote: »
    I thought all that "bull"sh1t was put to bed, no? I walked up his way several times. All over Benwisken and Benbulben and back down again. My plan was to stay out of range if he had a shotgun and otherwise tell him where to go. He's a prize numpty. No defamation here mods. He's been all over T.V. in the past, chained to his gate. Even had the gall to put himself up for election. Got approx. 20 or 30 votes.

correction about 144 as far as i recall...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭Evil Phil

druidland wrote: »

Gross :pac:

druidland wrote: »
    Didn't know he had that many relatives:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 druidland

inbreeding maybe??? ;)

Evil Phil wrote: »
    Gross :pac:

Ba-dum...tish:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭nomdeboardie

Scratches head :confused: Googles "gross" :cool: Relearns antiquated numerological term :rolleyes::o Laughs belatedly :pac:

took me a minute to get this too

Advertisement