If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Me A TV!

Options
  • 04-09-2010 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

I'm currently looking at picking up a new TV. I've been looking at some of the new Sony Bravia LED tv's particularly the 40EX700. I was offer one of these for €850 today and I'm slightly regretting not going for it...

I wonder what TV you guys would recommend in a similar range (features and price!) to the Sony one above...

I'd be looking for something as follows:

37"-42"
    LED
    DNLA (Wi-fi option etc...)
    100 Hz
    MPEG-4

€850 is at the very top end of my budget currently.

Thanks in advance guys....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Hi Shane732

I can suggest checking out our 37PFL7605H - an excellent TV that might be just right for you.

http://www.philipsshop.ie/Spec%20Sheets/37pfl7605h_12_pss_eng.pdf

As you can see from the spec its a -
    LED EDGE LIT LCD TV with 500000:1 contrast ratio
    100Hz refresh rate with a 2ms response time
    DNLA (wired but there is an optional wireless dongle available)
    MPEG 4 tuner built in
    plus plenty of connectivity options.

I have this on display in store if you'd like to check it out and have a play about with it.

We sell it for €999.99 but I can deduct 10% from this so it can be yours for €899.99 - only a little over budget, but worth stretching for....

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

Hi Ashley,

Thanks for the quick reply.

€850 is my absolute limit for this. The budget just won't stretch to €900 plus whatever cost the dongle is...

Have you anything else slightly cheaper?

Thanking you kindly for the quick reply!

• Company Representative Posts: 17,276 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hey Shane732.

We could offer the 40PFL5605 which is priced at £699.95 / 874.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/philips/40pfl5605/phil-40pfl5605

I could offer this for Just £599.95 / 749.99 Euro :D

Delivery on this screen would cost £29.95

This has all the feature except the DNLA not sure how important this feature is to you.

LED Screen.
    500,00:1 Contrast Ratio.
    1080P Full HD.
    100Hz refresh rate with a 2ms response time.
    MPEG 4 tuner built in.

Hope this helps!!

Hi Shane

pm sent
    let me know what you think

atb
    Ash

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Aka Ishur

Heya, also lookin for a tv, not quite so big, 32'' around, but needs 1080p, Optical audio out. Those are the only main features required, but show me a few prices plus delivery to cork. Will be following up will surround package but dont really want a huge tv!! Thanks a lot in advance.

• Advertisement

Hi Aka Ishur

Have a look at our website - http://www.philipsshop.ie/tvindex.htm

Whilst all our 32" TV's have a digital output it's of the Coaxial variety only and not Optical - how much of a problem would that pose too you?

Delivery to Cork on a 32" would be around €20.

Pretty much have all you'll see on our site in stock.

if anything catches your attention let me know and I'll do you a price.

As a starting point check out the 32PFL7605H - a very fully featured TV with great image quality and feature set.

Atb
    Ash

Hey Shane732.

We could offer the 40PFL5605 which is priced at £699.95 / 874.99 Euro
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/led-tv/philips/40pfl5605/phil-40pfl5605

I could offer this for Just £599.95 / 749.99 Euro :D

Delivery on this screen would cost £29.95

This has all the feature except the DNLA not sure how important this feature is to you.

LED Screen.
    500,00:1 Contrast Ratio.
    1080P Full HD.
    100Hz refresh rate with a 2ms response time.
    MPEG 4 tuner built in.

Hope this helps!!

DLNA is pretty important to me - it's all part of having everything work with each other!!! The way forward!

I'm a hard fecker to please!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

There is a very popular 42LD690 which would tick a lot of the boxes. It's so popular that we won't have any more in for approx 2 weeks, but take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42ld690/lg-42ld690

It's very well specified and for €609 it's a bit of a bargain.

You would have to add the dongle, but it will still be well under the budget and it would even allow you to take the 5 year cover on it if that's of interest.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

There is a very popular 42LD690 which would tick a lot of the boxes. It's so popular that we won't have any more in for approx 2 weeks, but take a look and let me know what you think.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/lcd-tv/lg/42ld690/lg-42ld690

It's very well specified and for €609 it's a bit of a bargain.

You would have to add the dongle, but it will still be well under the budget and it would even allow you to take the 5 year cover on it if that's of interest.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers

Dave

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the post. Very interesting TV you've picked out there and I must admit I'm very interested in it. It has pretty much everything I'm looking for with the exception of LED technology.

I was reading some reviews of the TV and a number of people seem to be saying that the TV doesn't actually have DLNA technology. Does it have DLNA technology? For example I have a NAS that can stream movies etc... wirelessly would the LG be able to pick the stream up?

I'm sure you guys could do a good deal on it for me?!!

I'm still very interested in the Sony and also the Philips as well.

Ah crap the decisions!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi again.

The LD690 is rated as DLNA. http://www.lg.com/uk/tv-audio-video/televisions/LG-lcd-tv-42LD690.jsp

The only thing that would need to be checked is that it will play all the file formats that you need it to via that connection.

The DLNA can be player from USB.

For the full manual, click here : http://www.lg.com/lgecs.downloadFile.ldwf?DOC_ID=KROWM000246101&ORIGINAL_NAME_b1_a1=eng.pdf&FILE_NAME=KROWM000246101.pdf&TC=DwnCmd

And check out page 136 of 267.

At the 609 Euro price, that's as cheap as we can do it, but as usual, let us know if you see it cheaper. Delivery would be €39.

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

I'm still on the hunt for a TV - I came across this

It looks like a serious deal - are you guys able to price match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Iron Hide

<Snip>

Iron Hide wrote: »
    <SNIP>

<SNIP>

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Pepsie

Iron Hide wrote: »
    <SNIP>

Hi Iron Hide,
    <Snip>
    Best Regards,
    Pepsie

Mod Comment: on a separate issue, Pepsie, please read Charter, keep the font/colour standard. Ritz

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

@Iron Hide,

Please read the Charter here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055564744 and note that mention of other retailers is allowed only in very limited circumstances as follows:
    Please note that this forum is for interraction with Richersounds. References to other retailers are not appropriate here, other than if you're directly and genuinely asking for a price-match from Richersounds.

and posters are asked specifically not to pitch in their advice as follows:
    If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion ! Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

and
    This forum is for interraction between Boardsies and Richersounds. Occasional misplaced attempts to be helpful are understandable, but posts which are inappropriate in the context of this notice will be snipped or deleted without notice. If you wish to give advice in response to queries, make suggestions etc, then there are plenty of queries and discussions in the Home Entertainment Forums, where your contribution will be very welcome.

I have snipped posts above as necessary.

Ritz.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.