Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suburban Galway, extension and attic conversion

Options
  • 04-09-2010 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone can give me a per sq meter price or total price for the following: We have a 4bed semi-d outside Galway City in an estate. House was originally built in 2003 and is an end of row house with a large back and side garden has adequate room for jcb, etc. Removal of back shed to access building area required.

1. Attic conversion: removal of box room, addition of stairs to attic, velux windows x 3, standard wood flooring, lighting, small shower/toilet/sink bathroom and 2 rooms, painting, electrical

2. Removal of all flooring on ground floor, new solid wood flooring, and tiling. Sanding and repainting all internal doors, floor boards, skirting boards and bannister, balustrade of stairs (it's all pine and I hate it!) Improvement of all lighting in whole house, with recessed lighting...

3. Reconfiguration of current sitting room/kitchen area to make it one large open plan room. This will require new flooring, painting, possible removal of non-loadbearing walls to open up the area, improvement in recessed lighting, possible underground flooring

4. Large extension to include: modern design kitchen
    Kitchen at back, with very high spec countertops and units (Siematic, Arena kitchens) underground floor heating, large dining area, tiling, lighting, painting and all appliances, etc (approx 40sqm)
    Also, a part of the extension will be a playroom/office/entertainment room (approx 20sqm). Possibly underground heating, all plumbing from current house needs to be moved out to the extension.

Painting of all internal rooms (including those upstair which are not being renovated)

Painting of outside of house.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

I can't say how much your job would cost, but I had work done this summer in my own house, by this guy, and found him reasonable : Kevin Tuohy 087 2873556.

I used him to convert attic, change partition walls, put down founds for garage, and some ext painting etc.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

Advertisement