Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving after 1 month...:(

Options
  • 04-09-2010 10:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for a bit of advice..I read a couple of other post but im not 100% sure on what ive need to do...the story is... I moved into a house last month but due to my dad's sudden illness i have to move back home which is over 35 miles away from where im renting to look after him. The contract has in it that the property is let for a period of not less than eleven months and if the tenant is unable to complete the period of the agreement the person may be replaced by a person of their choice providing the landlord approves of them and they are bound to the same terms until a new agreement is made...so does that mean i have to find someone or will it be up to him and will i get my deposit back??

Thanks a mill x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭sarahlulu

You will need to find someone else to take over the remainder of the lease

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

hey dandoline, sorry to hear about your dad. Speak to the agency and let them know what's happened. Unfotunately you are tied into the lease and ultimately you are responsible for it.

However, given the circumstances, they may be able to come to some arrangement with you.
    The agency may offer to help find another tenant to take over lease.
    Just remember that legally they are not obliged to do anything, and if they decide to accommodate you it'll be at their own discretion.

Hope it works out for you:)

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭variety

magentas wrote: »
    The agency may offer to help find another tenant to take over lease.
    Just remember that legally they are not obliged to do anything, and if they decide to accommodate you it'll be at their own discretion.

But remember that if they say they will 'help' the onus will still be on YOU to find a new Tenant. Do not assume any agency will work in your best interests - only you can do that.

Advertisement