Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help! I have to bring dessert...

Options
  • 04-09-2010 10:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭

Am going to dinner at friend's housse on Monday night and I have to bring dessert! I'm not really much of a dessert maker so would apppreciate any simple but wow recipies that are out there........

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Don't know about wow ,but I melted some chocolate last week and dipped strawberries in it ,let it set then put some icing on them.
    They went down well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

Chocolate Mousse
    ingredients: serves 4-6
    • 15og mini marshmallows
    • 50g soft butter
    • 250g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids minimum)
    • 60ml hot water from recently boiled kettle
    • 284ml cream
    • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    • 50g bar white chocolate for decorating

1. Place the dark chocolate (in small pieces), the marshmallows, butter and water into a pot and place over a medium heat until melted together. (You might want to use a whisk to make sure everything combines, I did)
    2. When the mixture is completely melted together whisk your cream with the vanilla extract until it forms soft peaks.
    3. Add the chocolate mixture to the cream and blend together.
    4. Seperate the mixture into serving bowls and place in the fridge (or freezer if you have less than one hour before serving) to chill.
    5. Before serving sprinkle grated white chocolate on top

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭S.R.F.C.

Carrying on with the mousse theme, try these, simple and delicious, for me anyway you can't beat chocolate and orange together!

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭avalon68

I second the chocolate strawberry idea - I did that last week and everybody loved them, and they were quick and easy to make. I did half in white chocolate and half in brown and then dripped white chocolate on the brown ones and vice versa. Took all of 30 min to make :) Just arrange them on a nice plate to serve

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭CaliforniaDream

Simple cheesecake:
    • white chocolate
    • cream cheese
    • double cream
    • digestive biscuits
    • butter

I never measure quantities exactly but usually it's 1-2 cartons of cream, 1-2 large bars of white chocolate (I love Green and Blacks for this but any will do), 1-2 tubs of cream cheese and half a packet of digestives.

Base:
    Crush up the digestives and mix in enough melted butter to make it stick together.
    Press the mixture into a springform tin.
    Leave to cool/set in the fridge.

Top:
    Melt the chocolate in a bowl over boiling water.
    Mix in the cream cheese when it's melted.
    Whip up the double cream and fold it into the mixture when ready.
    Mix this around really well until everything is blended together. You can taste it as you go to see if you need more of any ingredient.
    Pour on top of base and leave to set in the fridge for at least 5 hrs.

You can add anything to the top to decorate it. I usually use fresh strawberries or grated milk/white/dark chocolate.

This only take about 20mins to prepare and it's delicious. Looks impressive but not a lot of work at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭rgiller

Easiest thing in the world to make, raspberry and chocolate cheesecake. And really good too

Advertisement