Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for good non-Suzuki violin teacher around Limerick

Options
  • 04-09-2010 11:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

Hello,

We have a 5 year old boy who wants to learn the violin.

His mother is a classical pianist and would like him to get proper technique, so the trad fiddle is out (he can always do that later, after he gets the basics). Also, he does not like the noise of group lessons, and we have other reasons to dislike the Suzuki method too.

The Limerick School of Music won't take him without a year of non-instrument group lessons - but the violin is his choice and his idea so that is out.

So we need a non-Suzuki classical violin private teacher, who would be a real professional (by the standards of a classical musician!) and who would take a 5 year old beginner, albeit one who did promise to behave well, always listen to the teacher and work hard. We are in west Co. Limerick, could drive him to lessons to Limerick City, any place in Limerick County or other places not too far away (like, say, Ennis, Charleville or Tipperary Town; Cork City is probably a tad too far).

How can we find one? (Hope this is realistic).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭natnifnolnacs

Hi Michael!

I have recently moved to Limerick and am a classical violin teacher. I'm in the middle of a performance masters but am probably taking a break for a year so I'm sure we can work something out for your son?

Just to put your mind at rest about standard, I have an honours music degree, I majored in performance and have been teaching for 10 years. My only problem is that I am living in a rented property so I'm not sure if I have a suitable room to teach in....leave that ith me and I can work on that.

If you are interested just let me know!

Oh, and I also noticed from your post above that you have decided not to consider Suzuki for your son. I am not a Suzuki teacher and was not taught with that method but I have always been under the impression it is a great method for young kids, would you mind expanding on your reasons? I'm genuinely interested!

Advertisement