Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deformed beggar in Westport

Options
  • 04-09-2010 11:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Are badly deformed people being bused into Westport in order to beg??

I was confronted by a woman, as above, today. I was shocked to say the least and no guardai in sight........

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭MIRMIR82

grellan1 wrote: »

I was confronted by a woman, as above, today. I was shocked to say the least and no guardai in sight........

What the fcuk is wrong with you? Go get a life for yourself... The person you speak of has a disability...it has nothing to do with the fact they're breaking the law.....you are obnoxious!! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭grellan1

This poor woman was very very badly deformed - and obviously being exploited. I heard some holidaymakers commenting that there was no point in giving money as the money would be taken from her... it was very sad to see.

Please mind your language and don't jump to conclusions.

Don't try and take the high ground now - the tone of your opening post was not that u felt bad for them, but why were 'deformed' people being 'bused' into westport?

You will see that they are commonly referred to as deformed, rather than disabled

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/deannelson/8103537/Indias_beggars_pose_an_impossible_dilemma/

You will see that they are commonly referred to as deformed, rather than disabled

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/deannelson/8103537/Indias_beggars_pose_an_impossible_dilemma/

One question so....if it was ur mom/sister/daughter etc would you call them deformed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,030 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Professional con artists/beggars/scammers. Give them nothing.

Yes, with that level of impairment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

MIRMIR82 wrote: »
    One question so....if it was ur mom/sister/daughter etc would you call them deformed?

Are you the beggar? :pac:

Jeez, chill out!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

Yes, with that level of impairment.

God forbid and I hope it never happens but you could be involved in a car accident tomorrow that would leave you seriously disfigured, would you lock your self away in a room for fear of making someone like yourself uncomfortable, have a bit of humility and be greatful thats its not you and realise that life can throw anything your way. I'm sure life isnt as easy for them as it is for you!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

On the dole, and begging at the same time. And exploiting their disability.

I have no problem criticising a disabled person just as much as a non-disabled person or "non-deformed" person and don't tell me to get off my high horse for it. Disabled people should be treated equally, not better.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Bosco boy

On the dole, and begging at the same time. And exploiting their disability.

I have no problem criticising a disabled person just as much as a non-disabled person or "non-deformed" person and don't tell me to get off my high horse for it. Disabled people should be treated equally, not better.

who told you to get off your high horse?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

What the fcuk is wrong with you? Go get a life for yourself... The person you speak of has a disability... :mad:
    Don't try and take the high ground now -
    There are nicer ways of being mean to someone than that. If the OP's post was that bad, then report it.

Telling someone to get off the moral high ground, is essentially propping yourself up on just as much of a moral high ground.
    Bosco boy wrote: »
    who told you to get off your high horse?
    Nobody, because thats my first post, but the mention of exploiting a disability and people are all over you like a rash giving out that I am a cnut ... Just anticipating and nipping it in the bud :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭alex73

I saw a woman once begging. She looked really deformed.. However after a while once she had collected enough money there seems to be a miracle recovery. (got up and walked off)

Each case is different. . but for sure in Ireland there is no need for people with disabilities to beg.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If the woman looked foreign it could be she's been shipped there to bring in money.
    There is a foreign guy with weird legs seen in Galway, Dublin and other places. Might be similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

I don't wish to Comment on anything to do with the "ethics" here.

But that is the weirdest leg i have ever seen. I'm assuming it could have only been from birth and not a car crash or whatever. It was creepy.

I agree with Biko. There's no way a person with such a crippling deformity would move country simply to beg. But then again i suppose there's no dole system in Romania, or it's poor if there is one. I'm assuming.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 chrissymc

I saw this man yesterday in Moore Street, he looks Indian, i think myself he is using his disability to get money from people, because he has been seen in Galway as well, so hes able to travel around.
    How did he manage to get to Ireland? Probaly has a wheelchair and carer/minder somewhere and he is bussed around to beg.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is there a Moore Street in Westport?

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Not familiar with one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Thats johnny wronglegs. Hes been seen on the dublin and limerick trains numerous times walking along no bother. Big steaming pile of scam.

There is no moore street in westport. And the person they were on about is a woman. My mate saw her walking up the street, said she uses two crutches terrified people as she walked past Matt Molloys.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭Donal Og O Baelach

Someone said there was an Indian in Ballina on another thread.

Someone said there was an Indian in Ballina on another thread.

There are many Indian people in Ballina.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

i have seen an indian man with one very thin underformed leg he sits and puts the leg sideways and i have to say it is very worrying to see felt very bad for him but i did see him get up and walk away he did have a crutch but he didnt seem to really need it.

i did hear that there was a group of three people who each had a disability very easily seen and that they were in westport for the summer its a very busy place and the would have got a lot of money

Advertisement