Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shed base problem

• 04-09-2010 11:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭

Hi. Not so much a problem just wondering whats the quickest solution.
    I have a small concrete back garden. So I bought a 6 x4 yardmaster shed and planned to lay it directly on the concrete in the garden but as I found out today after building the shed, the section of the yard I want to put the shed on isnt level. Is there another solution to making a new concrete base?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭johnnyrotten

Bed down 9 x 4" solid blocks on mortar , obviouly making sure they are level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,620 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I don't think it would be a good idea to have the shed directly on the concrete anyway, there needs to be air circulating to keep the timber sound. Lay out a pattern of a dozen blocks, flat down and put the shed on that (adjust with cement as the previous poster said)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,179 ✭✭✭✭rob316

thanks for the replies. Im just gunna lay some concrete its the cheapest way id say. How high of base would I have to lay bearing in mind its going on top of concrete already so would a inch or 2 suffice?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Like its been said above, put it down on a dozen blocks. It'll let the air circulate around underneath. When you put in some mortar with it you can level it out

Its a steel shed not timber. Ive already bought some sand,gravel and cement so im just going to go with that. Cheers for the replies.

• Advertisement

actually one question for a small shed like im talking about does the new concrete have to bond to the old concrete or is it not necessary for such a small structure. If it does have to bond can anyone recommend a bonding agent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

rob316 wrote: »
    actually one question for a small shed like im talking about does the new concrete have to bond to the old concrete or is it not necessary for such a small structure. If it does have to bond can anyone recommend a bonding agent?

Take a grinder with a diamond disk to the concrete and key it up to help it get some grip to bond

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

Take a grinder with a diamond disk to the concrete and key it up to help it get some grip to bond

or even a hammer and bolster would do if ya had no consaw

Advertisement