Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to save a project in Microsoft Visual C# Express 2010?

Options
  • 04-09-2010 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭

Ok so I am starting out in C#. I got Microsoft Visual C# Express 2010.
    Just wondering how you can save a project without having to
    close the program >> save / discard.
    You can save .cs files but i dont know how to save a project without closing the entire program.

Also, how do you open the .net *(framework)* in vista?

*(Edit: I meant documentation sorry)*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

You don't generally have to save the project file itself - you won't be changing it much unless you're doing things like adding references or changing build information, and most of those things are saved either individually or automatically.

Re the Framework, not sure what you mean by "open" it, it's a set of runtimes and libraries and what not, not an application you can run or a document you can open.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭Darkphenom

Sorry, I meant documentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭NeverSayDie

Ah right. I don't think the normal client versions of the Framework come with much documentation (there's nothing to document really).

If you've installed one of the versions of the Windows SDK, I think there'll be a start menu entry (in Vista, use the "All Programs" link on the Start menu and look through the folders), with links to the help files or online docs. Likewise if you've got documentation in MSDN form along with Visual Studio, it should be in its Start menu folder somewhere, or from the Help menu in Visual Studio itself.

Unless you need offline access though, the online MSDN and the MS sites like www.asp.net or www.windowsclient.net (plus the myriad community ones) are probably your best resource.

Advertisement