Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Niteclub in Charlesland Park

Options
  • 04-09-2010 11:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27

does anyone hear the music blaring in one of the duplex apartments at the top left of the park? I'm pretty sure the decibel level is way above the allowable limit? What can be done to put a stop to it? Very annoyed cos if i wanted to listen to loud music on a saturday night I would have gone to a niteclub, it's pretty loud. This isn't the first time this has happened either :mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 profchaos

I dont think its from the duplexes i think its one of the apartments below. I live just above, cant tell if its directly below or off to the side, hard to tell the way the sound travels. Find it funny for the moment, dudes belting out power ballads without any shame :). First few times i heard it thought it was break up music or some sort of bridget jones type deal, but there's definitely dudes singing along. Might not find it funny when junior arrives though, will pop around and have a reasonable chat if it gets outta control

• Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭cavemeister

Saturday night = Par-tay!!! Who cares if people play music!! so long as its not weekday nights!! More power to them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 shinnerslawlor

Saturday night or any other night makes no difference, kids have to sleep its not fair. I love music the louder the better but there has to be respect for others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Dr.Silly

does anyone hear the music blaring in one of the duplex apartments at the top left of the park? I'm pretty sure the decibel level is way above the allowable limit? What can be done to put a stop to it? Very annoyed cos if i wanted to listen to loud music on a saturday night I would have gone to a niteclub, it's pretty loud. This isn't the first time this has happened either :mad::mad::mad:

and what have you done about it, other than come on a public forum and winge about it, did you call into them, did you report it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Dr.Silly wrote: »
    and what have you done about it, other than come on a public forum and winge about it, did you call into them, did you report it ?

Wind your neck back in Doc, its a bit strong accusing them of whinging. This infers constant moaning. Like you mentioned, its a public forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

Saturday night = Par-tay!!! Who cares if people play music!! so long as its not weekday nights!! More power to them!

yes, ppl can play music so long as the rest of the development can't hear it. If this continues there is no other option but to lodge a complaint with the Mgmnt Co and call the guards. I'm not paying a mortgage here so that I can listen to that racket every weekend.........

yes, ppl can play music so long as the rest of the development can't hear it. If this continues there is no other option but to lodge a complaint with the Mgmnt Co and call the guards. I'm not paying a mortgage here so that I can listen to that racket every weekend.........

Would you not talk to the people playing the music rather than going to the management company or guards first no ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 donegalnordie

Would you not talk to the people playing the music rather than going to the management company or guards first no ?

why?

By doing that it would give the ppl the impression that i have some respect for them!

where do they get off playing loud music in a built up area and expect everybody else to be ok with it. If thats the case why doesn't everybody just do it every night?

why?

By doing that it would give the ppl the impression that i have some respect for them!

where do they get off playing loud music in a built up area and expect everybody else to be ok with it. If thats the case why doesn't everybody just do it every night?

well obviously people haven't said anything to them or haven't complained to the management company or guards, if they're still doing it.

I don't see how asking them to tone it down shows you have respect for them.

I know I'd be p1ssed if my next door neighbour or someone close by complained without asking me first.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Loopers

Donegalnordie,

You don't know the people so I wouldn't go near them. Let the managemnet company deal with it first and see how you get on.

I had similar problems with tenants close to me and the management company were very helpful in dealing with the problem. Another option is to approach the Private Residential Tenancies Board but hopefully you won't have to go down that road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭d'Oracle

The concept of Community died with cheap credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭caji

I'd be interested to see how the management company respond so will you let us know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Blandpebbles

Loud music is a fact of life.. once in a while you have to put up with it, because once in a while you will want a party too.

Charlesland has an abundance of growing kids too... so you better get used to the all night parties as they grow up and their parents leave them home alone..

Advertisement