Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Awkward situation - what should I do?

Options
  • 05-09-2010 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭

So I went into the toilets at work at around 4pm on Friday evening - it's a big office, and there are around 5 cubicles in the toilets. There was nobody else in there except one guy taking a dump in a cubicle. So after I took a piss, I went into another cubicle and took some toilet roll. I ran it under the tap and squeezed it up into a wet toilet-roll ball - it was dripping wet, but did have a bit of weight behind it.
    Anyway, I lashed it over the cubicle door down towards his head and legged it. But just as I was leaving, someone else came in. Now it's a big enough office, so I didn't know this other guy - but I've no idea if he knew me. I'm just wondering if they both put 2+2 together when the guy in the cubicle came out. I don't know who was in the cubicle either, but I'm just worried that I may get busted now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭gerrycollins

tbh you should

• Registered Users Posts: 12,822 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I'm guessing here OP but tell me you are 12 or 13 and it's a part time job you have....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

I hope you're not actually serious OP...

Isn't that frowed upon in primary school, not to mind in a professional environment? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭didntgotoplan

I laughed when I first read this, thought it was a complete joke and followed the thread before going to bed to see what happened!

I wouldn't call it an awkward situation, you acted the fool.
    Seriously this sounds like something kids do in school!
    What should you do?
    Own up if you know the guy you did it to. Say sorry and that it was an accident. Then never do it again.

Does "jokes" like this happen in your office normally?
    Why did you do it in the first place?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Forest Master

I laughed when I first read this, thought it was a complete joke and followed the thread before going to bed to see what happened!

I wouldn't call it an awkward situation, you acted the fool.
    Seriously this sounds like something kids do in school!
    What should you do?
    Own up if you know the guy you did it to. Say sorry and that it was an accident. Then never do it again.

Does "jokes" like this happen in your office normally?
    Why did you do it in the first place?

Thanks for replies.

I can't own up because I have no idea who was in the cubicle at the time. And I don't recognise the guy who was walking in as I was leaving. My main concern is that the guy in the cubicle came out & said something to the other guy, who then said he saw who it was & described me, etc.

I did it for the craic - I thought it'd be funny if someone was sitting there taking a dump and a big wet toilet roll splatted on their head. It's the fact that it would be more unexpected in a work environment that made it even more tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

You best be trollin' 'yo.

Otherwise you should be fired and go back to school until you mature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 hamchops

what a dick##ed

Winters wrote: »
    You best be trollin' 'yo.

Otherwise you should be fired and go back to school until you mature.

Eh, I did it as a joke. You guys need to get a sense of humour.

This has been worrying me all weekend tho. If I make it through tomorrow without anyone saying anything, is it safe to assume I'm in the clear?

There is a difference between having a sense of humour and being an immature stupid prick. You are the latter.

The only way humour would be an excuse is would be if you knew him really well (as in one of your good friends, but even you admit you had no idea who this person was) and this was not at work. Infact, its the kind of action you'd expect from children or drunk teenagers. I praise science you fall into either one of those categories.

This has been worrying me all weekend tho. If I make it through tomorrow without anyone saying anything, is it safe to assume I'm in the clear?

I hope you are pulled up infront of HR and you get fired.

I hope you are pulled up infront of HR and you get fired.

I hope it was you in the cubicle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

Am I the only one that finds this funny? Having said that I wouldn't like to trade places with you, do you even know now who was in there? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

..oh and I don't mean the act, it's the whole situation that I find amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

Sure, it was such a "joke" you decided to run away. If you're not a troll I'm delighted this is weighing on your mind, now that's the real joke.

hamchops wrote: »
    what a dick##ed

Reported for personal abuse.

BTW, what letters are your #s bleeping out exactly? :rolleyes:

I hope it was you in the cubicle.

You are not fit for a workplace.

You are not fit for a workplace.

You seem overly sensitive. Is it accurate to assume you're a homosexual? Legit question. Your OTT Gok Wan-style outraged reaction points toward that being the case. Most blokes would laugh at my prank.
    Apologies if I'm off the mark.

And if you're offended by the (legit) question, we'll call it quits for you calling me an "immature stupid prick", which I believe is against the charter.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

You are the reason abortion needs to be legal

You are the reason abortion needs to be legal

3rd instance of unprovoked personal abuse ITT.

I guess you must feel like a big man being the mod of the "Lubnip" forum, of all things. Such prestige. I'm a huge fan of Lubnips. Who isn't?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

This is either a troll or just plain stupidity. Whichever, it's not a valid work problem.

OP, try growing up, and stop acting the idiot. Problem solved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement