Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxis Portarlington

Options
  • 05-09-2010 12:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I've just gotten a taxi from Killenard to Portarlington by Port Cabs. When I got to my destination the driver told me the fare was 14 euro - its normally 5 euro. What a shower of chancers!!! Has anyone else had similar experiences with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭impega1

that does seem alot was it very early in morning or very late at night and was it on metre or set fare

not sure bout any1 else but whelans are €6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mal26

It was at 11.30 pm at night and the taxi was ordered by the Heritage themselves. I know it's nothing near that price as DB Cabs only charges €5 for that run. No idea why but I handed him €10 and got out of the cab without thinking.

There was no metre in the taxi but it did have a taxi plate on.

I certainly will never use them again and if I've anything to do with it, neither will anyone I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭impega1

yea that a bit muck man yea sounds like he was chancing his arm and not even a late time

see them parked outside anvil alot at weekends neva use them but suppose people with few beers in them wud not notice , may spread d word meself

cheers again for heads up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Mal26

Have to say I'd highly recommend DB Cabs if you want a taxi anywhere around Portarlington! He's the cheapest and best service that I've come across in town (yes I know ... why didn't I phone him that night! - you learn by your mistakes)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 542 ✭✭✭ILA

I'm sure you were aware that you could make an agreement with the taxi before engaging him as to the price of the run? This should be done for any pre-booked run.

If necessary this can be done in writing by writing out the details and signing it, and then the driver simply has to sign the note (which acts an a waiver) to signify that he agrees to the rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭Steve_o

I find Port Cabs really reliable tbh.

Advertisement