Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone

Options
  • 05-09-2010 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭

Hey,

I got this phone last year in October. It was sent back 3 times to be repaired from around the end of February till I think April or May, and since then two more times.

I had been having problems with my phone since the very beginning. I bought got it anyway in Three, and they wouldn't send it back to be fixed when I asked because the other phone models they had sold had no problems with them. They told me the battery would be causing problems too, because its too small. So they told me to stick a bitta paper in between the battery and the phone and it'd hold it in place and that was that, it should fix it they said.

I lost my phone in November/December [as I always do when I get something new] and found it in January. So I noticed the problems with it persisted and I went to bring it back. Lucky for me, the company had closed down! :rolleyes: So I brought it to Meteor. They've fixed it 5 times now, and I'm actually sick of the phone at this stage. I loved it at first but the reasons its been sent back are [that I can remember, anyway]:

First time: Freezing and often after freezing restarting itself.
    They fixed the screen I think? New battery that fitted too.

Second time [brought back two days later]: Problems persisted.
    They fixed something inside it I think.

Third time [sent back on same day]: Whilst they were fixing it, they had snapped one of those little cover things that go over like where you put the memory card in.
    They fixed what they had broken.

Fourth time [about two months ago I think]: Refreezing again and turning itself off.
    They replaced everything but the case of the phone.

Fifth time [just three weeks ago I think]: Phone would beep during calls, which both sides hear. Whilst on the internet it would freeze when I'm tweeting [only reason I used the internet really...] and I'd have to restart it to fix it, if it didnt do that itself.
    The shop requested a replacement phone, but they replaced an electrical component.

While the phone was away that time I put up the charger, but I cant remember where I put it. :L So I cant comment on it now, if its finally fixed or anything. But I really am sick of it. It was E200 at the time like. I just hate it. Its horrible. I was literally in love with it at first.

Is there anything I can do? I know I prolly wouldnt be able to get a refund [and if I could, it'd only be its value now, right?] But I dont want the phone anymore. I want a seemingly reliable, gorgeous HTC Smart.

BTW, its a Nokia 5530.

Thanks [and sorry my post is so long!!!]
    Caught

EDIT: Just remembered, the store was 3g, not three.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

The main point I get from your post is that you bought your phone in one on the 3g stores and now that have closed down. If that is so you are in trouble as the sale of goods and services act exists between you and the retailer.

Sorry if that's the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    The main point I get from your post is that you bought your phone in one on the 3g stores and now that have closed down. If that is so you are in trouble as the sale of goods and services act exists between you and the retailer.

Sorry if that's the case.
    this is exactly the case now, the meteor store do not have to do anything for you as your original sales contract was with the 3G store where you bought the phone.

you should bring your phone to someone like fonemenders in sandyford if it is less than two years old and they will fix under warrenty if it is not deemed to be customer damage. try to go to one of the reputable phone menders rather than the unlocking shops on parnell street etc

Advertisement