Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Launch of Arc Adoption, have your say

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Pink Adoptions

Seems someone asked the following question ("I don't see any information on their specific constitution. Do they have some kind of statutory basis?"), and deleted it, probably after they found the answer, so here is our answer for everyone to share :)

Legal framework of the Mediation Agencies:
    http://www.aai.gov.ie/index.php/intercountry-adoption/mediation-guidelines.html

And from their site:
    "Arc Adoption has already been approved in principle by the Adoption Board of Ireland, and looks forward to completing our accreditation once the Adoption Authority of Ireland is established, on the 1st November next.

(The revised date for Irish ratification means the official launch of Arc services has had to be adjusted. We hope to set a new date shortly)."

Arc seems to be an initative that spawned from the AAI, but we cannot be sure of that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Pink Adoptions

I think they updated the info (unless I missed it before...)
    http://www.arcadoption.net/Arc_Interim_Site/About_Arc.html
    OFFICIAL NAME:
    Arc Adoption Limited

COMPANY NUMBER:

FORMAL STRUCTURE:
    Company Limited by Guarantee;
    Charitable Status (Application In Process)

EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR:
    Shane Downer

OUR MISSION:
    Enable the ethical adoption of assured eligible and available children, in need of a loving and secure home, into eligible and suitable adoptive families

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Not sure how I feel about the outsourcing model, proceeding as it is with little adjustment after the previous 'payments issues'.

Some more information on future accountability and external auditing would be helpful (could be my own ignorance as I'm not keeping up with current developments as much as I should).

Advertisement