Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from Shooting Forum

Options
  • 05-09-2010 2:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭

I have recieved in my opinion an unjust 3 x day ban from the shooting forum by Sparks.

I initially recieved an infraction for what he claimed was me being un civil to another poster.

I queried where he thought I was being un civil and he replied that if I had a problem with a post that I should hit the report post ............:confused:

I again asked by PM where I was being un civil and I posted on the actual thread that I was going to come here if I didn't get a satisfactory response, which, in my opinion, I didn't.

I then got a 3 day ban for Breach of Charter for "Ignoring mod warnings and trying to derail a re-railed thread into yet another mod-bashing session" :confused:

Then I got a PM with an infraction for the comment on the thread.

I have the PM's, which has the original offending post in them if required as it now removed from the thread.

I would like to have this ban lifted as in my opinion it is not deserved.

Bunny

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Complaints about moderation should follow the Dispute Resolution Procedure. You can find full details here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

1. TBH I don't think PM'ing the Forum Moderator in this case will do me any good.
    2. He is the Category Moderator too.

That's why I'm here :(

I have sent a copy of the O/P to the other Cat Mod now

This is the "offending post" in case anyone is interested......................

Tackleberrywho's in bold

My replies are underlined

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tackleberrywho
    In our licencing system only peole who have a Stalking permit or membership of an authorized range can have a deer stalking calibre.

I'm glad you mentioned the licensing system. So, as you stated above, if you are granted a .308 to shoot deer or for target shooting does that entitle you to use it for shooting foxes? Or could you be leaving yourself open to prosecution for misuse of the firearm as it was not granted for this reason?

Quote:
    I happen to be both.

You were only a hunter a few posts ago

Quote:
    It would be a silly waste of money!

Yet you shoot foxes & rabbits with yours apparently

Quote:
    However why can't a rifle be versatile?

It can, within reason, as some of us have tried to explain above

Quote:
    The .25-06 and the .243 .22/250are famous as varmint loads.

Not in this country they aren't. Seems Ahearn was right about an American gun culture creeping in here after all

Quote:
    They were famous long before I was in SHORT trousers

I still been known to wear 'em

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, since uberwolf is still away I've had a look at this. Having read through the thread in question, I have to say that I have every sympathy for the Shooting mods if that's the sort of stuff they have to deal with all the time. I'm not going to claim I know anything about shooting or ammunition, but I recognise a confrontational post when I see it, and that's exactly what your first post in that thread was. Unfortunately Tackleberry bit, instead of ignoring you or reporting your post. The pair of you, and to a lesser extent rrpc, then set about scoring points of one another. Your posts may not have been uncivil, a description you later questioned, but they were confrontational and argumentative and completely derailed the thread. The mods were entirely correct in infracting the pair of you for this.

Both yourself and Tackleberry then queried the infractions, but the difference was that he queried by PM and ultimately accepted the reasoning behind the infraction. You, on the other hand, were confrontational, questioning the mod's decision on the thread and stating that you were going to post in the Help Desk depending on the reply you got to your PM. This is not acceptable and fully justified the ban you were given.

• Advertisement
Advertisement