Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insanely loud music?

Options
  • 05-09-2010 2:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭

It's 2 in the morning and the house is being bombarded by music. Having nothing better to do I decided to go walkabout to work out where it was coming from. I got to Carpenterstown / Luttrellstown before I got knackered and gave up.

You can hear this all over the area but as best I can figure out it's coming from roughly the direction of Farmleigh.

I live over Coolmine direction, so this isn't just somebody's stereo up loud.

Anybody else hearing this or have any info?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

I'm in castleknock and heard it loudly until at least 6am. Bastards who ever they were.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Moogintroll

I called the cops around 5:30 and there had been other complaints but they couldn't find out who it was.

And wouldn't you know it, I think they've just started up again.

I'm tempted to go out again and investigate some more.
    :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭dtf

I live in the Luttrellstown area and heard it up untill 4.00 am this morning.

Was out driving this morning and I noticed a big marquee in the old Guiness farm opposite Castleknock College. Maybe something to do with it?

Yea, I got as far as Luttrellstown (the primary school beside Ben Dunne's place) before I gave up my search and that's the exact direction the sound was coming from.

Bloody outrageous but I guess we know now why the cops were reluctant to intervene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

It is the massive marquee on the Guinness farm opp castleknock college.

Went until 6.30am last night. Going strong now. I rang the gardai. They said they can't do anything about noise. I rang fingal co co emergency number just there and they can't do a thing. Have no one on for noise pollution tonight.

Left a message on the EPA emergency line.

Everyone is useless.

Best thing do is ring the gardai until they get of their lazy holes and try and do something.

My wife is going nuts at the prospect of another sleepless night. We live very close by.

• Advertisement

Yup, I can hear it now. I'm 2km away (as the crow flies) and it might as well be my neighbours' stereo.

You guys really have my sympathy.

It's bloody disgusting how these people can get away with ruining the whole area's weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

I can hear it now. Where is it coming from??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

alryt guys i live right beside light night club and i can hear it aswell wen i stand on my balcony and its not light !!!!!

whats going on , is it a festival or some sort :p

and its pretty irritating aswel heart goes out to the people who lives beside it

I can hear it now. Where is it coming from??

It's the Guinness' old farm just opposite Castleknock College.

I gave the gards a polite call a few mins back, according to them, they'd just had about 50 calls on the matter and have sent cars out to deal with the issue. I'm not holding out much hope.

Personally I'd love to know what the parties are all about. Methinks this is what rich kids get up to when they have a free gaff.

where ??? is that castleknock collage beside moyos ????? there all probably having a big game of ruggers listening to justin beiber

• Advertisement

A V A wrote: »
    where ??? is that castleknock collage beside moyos ????? there all probably having a big game of ruggers listening to justin beiber

According to people on this thread, this is where it's all going down.

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=53.366725,-6.366524&daddr=&hl=en&geocode=&mra=dme&mrcr=0&mrsp=0&sz=17&sll=53.366809,-6.366652&sspn=0.004853,0.008841&ie=UTF8&ll=53.366552,-6.366631&spn=0.004853,0.008841&t=h&z=17

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭Bunnyhopper

Yup, I can hear it now. I'm 2km away (as the crow flies) and it might as well be my neighbours' stereo.

I'm about the same distance away - over towards the Carpenter - and I can hear it clearly too. I can't imagine what it must be like for anyone nearby. Hope the guards can put a dampener on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

It's the Guinness' old farm just opposite Castleknock College.

I gave the gards a polite call a few mins back, according to them, they'd just had about 50 calls on the matter and have sent cars out to deal with the issue. I'm not holding out much hope.

Personally I'd love to know what the parties are all about. Methinks this is what rich kids get up to when they have a free gaff.

50 calls? This must be affecting hundreds and hundreds of people. Two nights in a row as well? Taking the p**s.

50 calls? This must be affecting hundreds and hundreds of people. Two nights in a row as well? Taking the p**s.

Normally I don't bother phoning the garda about noise because generally there isn't a thing they can do. I'd like to think this is a different situation. I wonder who owns that farm and who we can report them to. This kind of thing isn't on on a Sunday night.

hmmmmmmmmmm i know where exactly where is i hope they stop it !!!!! its getting annoying now and im ages away

A V A wrote: »
    hmmmmmmmmmm i know where exactly where is i hope they stop it !!!!! its getting annoying now and im ages away

Yea, I know where Light night club is and I can't believe it's audible from there. Unfortunately the cops were supposed to have intervened a good while back and it's still going strong.

ye ii can just here it not really loudly but get the gist

tbh i honest i thought it was the carnival beside the centre

Advertisement