Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hullomail App

• 05-09-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭

Just an email from them saying the App for Ireland will be available in the app store from late tomorrow morning.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

nice one, really wanna try it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

What is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

An app for use with voicemail.

http://www.hullomail.com/ie/iphone.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

Had a read of the link, but still a bit confused. So can this be used with normal voicemail that you dial 171 for? Or is it a separate voicemail service?

yeah ya set it up and it gets ur voicemails and can email them to u as text or an mp3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

Yes, on the website it is no longer saying "coming soon" but is still not in the AppStore -nor can the US/UK version be configured for Ireland.

Still no sign of it :(:confused:

culabula wrote: »
    Still no sign of it :(:confused:

Yeah, I must gave checked a hundred times so far. When I saw a fresh post here I thought, yippee!!

naasrd wrote: »
    Yeah, I must gave checked a hundred times so far. When I saw a fresh post here I thought, yippee!!

Sorry, thought of that as clicked 'submit. Think the term rhymes with 'plonker'.

Sorry, thought of that as clicked 'submit. Think the term rhymes with 'plonker'.

Not at all. In the email they said late Monday morning. I'm guessing any new app comes online in the app store in Californian time...so maybe 2, 3pm?

• Advertisement

Not at all. In the email they said late Monday morning. I'm guessing any new app comes online in the app store in Californian time...so maybe 2, 3pm?

Well, they are UK based and I have seen apps enter the AppStore at all hours of the day and night.

Anyway, if it's any consolation it works really well!

Could be later again. Remember the keynote that revealed the iPhone 4. Started at 10am their time but it was 6 pm here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Ya i looked at the videos and stuff and not sure what the advantage is? I use both the iphone messaging app and jelly sms - can it integrate the whole lot? Is there a charge for the service?

corklad32 wrote: »
    Ya i looked at the videos and stuff and not sure what the advantage is? I use both the iphone messaging app and jelly sms - can it integrate the whole lot? Is there a charge for the service?

This is for voicemail. Free of charge but I'd say a version with some extras is on the way.

Ah right - but what can it give you extra i don't really understand it?

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭decies

Am with three so is it my own personal number you sign up with or three voicemail number :confused:

Ah right - but what can it give you extra i don't really understand it?

Cheers

3 charge for voicemail, it's free with this and it can also do a few other little bits and bobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

is this only on the US store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

So when is this getting released?

is this only on the US store?

No, in the UK store as well. I use it all the time for both 3UK and giffgaff and it works a treat. Wish_to_heck_they'd_pull_their_finger_out.

• Advertisement

akadesign wrote: »
    So when is this getting released?

God knows: I wrote to them this morning but have yet to receive a reply.

God knows: I wrote to them this morning but have yet to receive a reply.

I wonder what's going on with it? I feel such a plonker now for starting the thread.

I wonder what's going on with it? I feel such a plonker now for starting the thread.

Well, hardly, because they backed it up themselves by removing the legend coming soon from the Irish section of their site.

Any connection with LaboUr Day yestre'en in the Yewnited States?

Well, hardly, because they backed it up themselves by removing the legend coming soon from the Irish section of their site.

Any connection with LaboUr Day yestre'en in the Yewnited States?

You could be on to something. Usually I get an update or two on an iPad or iPhone app but there's been nothing since Sunday. I wonder...?

You could be on to something. Usually I get an update or two on an iPad or iPhone app but there's been nothing since Sunday. I wonder...?

Well, the MobileMe iDisk has just been updated.

Thanks to the keen eyes of fbradyirl, Hullomail have been spotted on Twitter apologising for the launch of the Irish app, which they claim is ready but which will take another 48hrs.

Thanks to the keen eyes of fbradyirl, Hullomail have been spotted on Twitter apologising for the launch of the Irish app, which they claim is ready but which will take another 48hrs.

Great, now I can stop my hourly visit to the app store!

For those who get free voicemail is there much extra that this app gives? Any advice would be appreciated. I've read a few reviews and am a little confused. When they send you the mp3 of your voicemail i presume you can play it discretely as in it's not on speaker? Are there much benefits to the app? Anyone know when it will be available?

Cheers

For those who get free voicemail is there much extra that this app gives? Any advice would be appreciated. I've read a few reviews and am a little confused. When they send you the mp3 of your voicemail i presume you can play it discretely as in it's not on speaker? Are there much benefits to the app? Anyone know when it will be available?

Cheers

I use it all the time with my 3UK and giffgaff SIMs: in the case of the latter it avoids an 8p charge everytime someone deposits voicemail.

As it works very like visual voicemail, you can choose which, if any, you want to listen to and if you're in a crowded place, you can leave that to later. It provides you with discretion.

Your voicemails can also be sent to you as email.

It also offers "hullos" -short little voice clips which may be sent between users.

I am very happy with this app and as both O2 IRL and 3IRL charge for voicemail, according to plan, I am very anxious for the Irish flavour to be released.

• Advertisement

I am very happy with this app and as both O2 IRL and 3IRL charge for voicemail, according to plan, I am very anxious for the Irish flavour to be released.

It is odd and frustrating the delay. I think it was on Twitter last week they mentioned a difficulty with a 3rd party, I wonder if 3 are putting a spanner in the works?

Advertisement