Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hullomail App

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

naasrd wrote: »
    It is odd and frustrating the delay. I think it was on Twitter last week they mentioned a difficulty with a 3rd party, I wonder if 3 are putting a spanner in the works?

Don't be putting a hex on this now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

culabula wrote: »
    Don't be putting a hex on this now! :D

Indeed, though I fear this thread I started last week may have already done the job!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

An update from their twitter feed this morning:

"Update on Ireland. We're working on it. We've been let down by a third party and that has stalled the release. further updates today"

I changed the thread title as it was no longer relevant.

I regret to tell you that it won't be coming out for several weeks.

I delight in telling you that I have it. (sorry! No, am not!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

If you download it from the uk store will it work here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 406 ✭✭akadesign

Nope

corklad32 wrote: »
    If you download it from the uk store will it work here?

Afraid not.

Happy to let you know that the latest update to Hullomail, now available on the UK and US stores, IS configurable for Ireland.

Great stuff. How do u get access to the uk or us app stores

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭j_lennon18

Happy to let you know that the latest update to Hullomail, now available on the UK and US stores, IS configurable for Ireland.

Cool. Does it work for all Irish networks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

works on 3 anyway, installed it last night.

Great stuff. How do u get access to the uk or us app stores

Hopefully they'll just realease on the Irish app store as is and we can use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭fbradyirl

I've been using it since yesterday (got it on the US app store) and have been using it with 3pay (even though it says pre-pay is not supported yet on 3 Ire, I just set my account as post paid and it works perfect).

Super simple to use and setup. Love it!

Lads,

Can anyone help with how to get on to the US or UK app stores?

Cheers

Lads,

Can anyone help with how to get on to the US or UK app stores?

Cheers

You need to go to the US store and create and account. Use the address of the hotel you're staying at. Choose 'no credit card' as payment method.

You need to go to the US store and create and account. Use the address of the hotel you're staying at. Choose 'no credit card' as payment method.

Just done it!!! At last!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭vinnycoyne

Just started using it on O2. Handly little app, though I'd love it if they transcribed voicemails into text (do they?).

vinnycoyne wrote: »
    Just started using it on O2. Handly little app, though I'd love it if they transcribed voicemails into text (do they?).

Think it's part of their plans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

No credit card isn't an option anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭dave oc

rivalius13 wrote: »

Even if you select the 'redeem a voucher/code' option?

• Advertisement

naasrd wrote: »
    Just done it!!! At last!

So how did you do it if 'no credit card' is no longer an option?

Am so do i register for a us store a/c on my iphone or true itunes on my pc?

Cheers

Am so do i register for a us store a/c on my iphone or true itunes on my pc?

Cheers

Either, though using the larger real estate of going through iTunes on a PC is probably more agreeable.

rivalius13 wrote: »

It is, I thought this for ages myself but managed it this morning. At the credit card section it will prompt Visa, click or scroll down to None, (there are options for Am Ex etc, None is the last option). I signed up on my iPad but I'm sure the option is the same on a Mac (or, heaven forbid) a PC.

And as for the app, wow!

And so.......

"You need to go to the US store and create and account. Use the address of the hotel you're staying at. Choose 'no credit card' as payment method".

Ta-da!

So how did you do it if 'no credit card' is no longer an option?

What I figured out was this; sign out of Irish iTunes, visit US app store and click on a free app to purchase. You'll then be prompted to sign in with existing acc or sign up etc. I signed up for new acc in the usual fashion, used an address and zip of a theatre company I have dealings with in NYC then when the option for CC came up I clicked on that and the last option was None.

I think the key here is to first attempt to purchase a free app from the US store. Otherwise the option isn't there. Also keep in mind you'll need an address and zip code, so have them at hand first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Sweet, about time. The US account comes in handy again :)

Wonder who the "third party" is that's screwing them up launching it here properly?

mailforkev wrote: »
    Sweet, about time. The US account comes in handy again :)

Wonder who the "third party" is that's screwing them up launching it here properly?

Yeah, perhaps they can release the US/UK version here now?

Sigh - excuse my slowness.... Ok so i have my iphone with me - i dont have my laptop. Where is my option to sign out of the existing app store? I've looked but i cant seem to find like a settings option anywhere.....

• Advertisement

Sigh - excuse my slowness.... Ok so i have my iphone with me - i dont have my laptop. Where is my option to sign out of the existing app store? I've looked but i cant seem to find like a settings option anywhere.....

Easiest method is to go to settings/store. Or follow the method above to create a US account (you can sign out of your existing a/c within the AppStore -scroll down below the top charts).

Advertisement