Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hullomail App

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 893 ✭✭✭rivalius13

naasrd wrote: »
    What I figured out was this; sign out of Irish iTunes, visit US app store and click on a free app to purchase. You'll then be prompted to sign in with existing acc or sign up etc. I signed up for new acc in the usual fashion, used an address and zip of a theatre company I have dealings with in NYC then when the option for CC came up I clicked on that and the last option was None.

I think the key here is to first attempt to purchase a free app from the US store. Otherwise the option isn't there. Also keep in mind you'll need an address and zip code, so have them at hand first.

You're my new favourite person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

corklad32 wrote: »
    Sigh - excuse my slowness.... Ok so i have my iphone with me - i dont have my laptop. Where is my option to sign out of the existing app store? I've looked but i cant seem to find like a settings option anywhere.....

No worries. In iTunes scroll down to the end and regular account name should be there, tap on that and sign out, exit then visit the US app store. click on a free app to purchase and follow the create new account steps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 446 ✭✭corklad32

Nice one! Got it installed and working looks good!

So ive it installed and working.. Just a couple of questions - i have it set as when i dont answer etc hullomail picks up and takes my voicemail and then sends it to my phone. If i am out of data coverage presumably then i will not receive the voicemail? When Hullomail picks up and records your message is time taken from your monthly minutes for this? Im on o2 billpay

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

corklad32 wrote: »
    So ive it installed and working.. Just a couple of questions - i have it set as when i dont answer etc hullomail picks up and takes my voicemail and then sends it to my phone. If i am out of data coverage presumably then i will not receive the voicemail? When Hullomail picks up and records your message is time taken from your monthly minutes for this? Im on o2 billpay

Cheers

It diverts to an 01 number, so this will come out of your minutes. Whether this is preferable to paying for voicemail depends on your unique situation. On 3, it avoids and extra charge and thus is infinitely preferable.

The voicemail is received in-app and by email too if desired. You will not receive it until you are in coverage. The email may be received on any Internet-capable device.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

culabula wrote: »
    It diverts to an 01 number, so this will come out of your minutes. Whether this is preferable to paying for voicemail depends on your unique situation. On 3, it avoids and extra charge and thus is infinitely preferable.

The voicemail is received in-app and by email too if desired. You will not receive it until you are in coverage. The email may be received on any Internet-capable device.

I have set up SMS notification (Not push) is there any extra charge for that or that will just use data.

deep1 wrote: »
    I have set up SMS notification (Not push) is there any extra charge for that or that will just use data.

Well, I have been using the app for a month now with all bells turned on including SMS and I have yet to be charged for anything. Pretty magic, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

Well, I have been using the app for a month now with all bells turned on including SMS and I have yet to be charged for anything. Pretty magic, really.

What a beauty, Thanks for heads up.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Fantastic and simple to use App.....I rang three and got them to switch off my voicemail altogether.....I use this now for free. It's like having Visual Voicemail. Thanks guys....:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

gartcork wrote: »
    Fantastic and simple to use App.....I rang three and got them to switch off my voicemail altogether.....I use this now for free. It's like having Visual Voicemail. Thanks guys....:D

Agreed, its great, But why cancel voicemail with 3? Its intercepted so seems strange.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭gartcork

Jimdagym wrote: »
    Agreed, its great, But why cancel voicemail with 3? Its intercepted so seems strange.

I was being charged for voicemail even though I wasn't using it...it wasn't much and I didn't get much satisfaction from three so I just cancelled it because it's not worth the hassle.

Again I'm very happy with Hullomail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

How do you voicemail sent to your email? It doesn't recognize my number when I try to login to MyHulloMai

EDIT: nevernind, I was logging in on the UK site :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭paulhardman

+1 for this, I've been using it for a while too and have incurred no charges. Hullomail rocks, now just to hope it gets into the Ireland store soonish...

+1 for this, I've been using it for a while too and have incurred no charges. Hullomail rocks, now just to hope it gets into the Ireland store soonish...

Just spotted this on Twitter:

"HulloMail (@HulloMail)
    Looking forward to tomorrow - might have a couple of Guinness' to celebrate"

Now what could they possibly mean?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 318 ✭✭HuntingDrog

anyone know if i can change my Hullomail pin? I just rang the portal # and it doesn't seem to provide an option....maybe i missed it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Where can I get this app and working on Vodafone IE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

mixednuts wrote: »
    Where can I get this app and working on Vodafone IE

Open a US iTunes account, the US/UK version is adaptable for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I was able to download the app using the following link and I only have an irish account,

http://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/hullomail-better-visual-voicemail/id341815203?mt=8

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

It's on the Irish App Store now. Just do a search.

I just set it up. Seems excellent.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

+1 for this, I've been using it for the last two months and have incurred no charges. GREAT app .

• Advertisement

Hi guys has anyone noticed that when ure listening to a hullo vmail if someone rings ure phone the call comes in and cud potentially cause some harm having a vibrating phone pressed to your ear not to mind how daft you will look having a phone pressed to your ear and it starts ringing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭decies

Sending a hullomail to someone , how come when I acres contacts it just shows email adresses , can you not send to phone contacts :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

decies wrote: »
    Sending a hullomail to someone , how come when I acres contacts it just shows email adresses , can you not send to phone contacts :-/

Lucky you my contacts list is empty even after it looks like it's importing ???

decies wrote: »

You certainly can. But they must have HulloMail installed, which will show next to their entry as an icon. Otherwise, you can send a Hullo to anyone by email.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

I think its a nice App but I have a couple of niggles. I tested it out as a caller ringing my mobile and before it goes to my voicemail message the caller is told 'your call is being diverted please hold'. If that was me calling I'd just hang up as I wouldn't be sure where the call was being diverted to! Also the volume on the recorded message is quite low even with speaker up full. Anyone else find this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I think its a nice App but I have a couple of niggles. I tested it out as a caller ringing my mobile and before it goes to my voicemail message the caller is told 'your call is being diverted please hold'. If that was me calling I'd just hang up as I wouldn't be sure where the call was being diverted to! Also the volume on the recorded message is quite low even with speaker up full. Anyone else find this?

I dont have that "diverted" message. Did you try it more than once?
    I thought the sound was low too, but there is a volume control within the app, as well as the phone volume. Did you turn this one up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I dont have that "diverted" message. Did you try it more than once?
    I thought the sound was low too, but there is a volume control within the app, as well as the phone volume. Did you turn this one up?

Yea tried it a few times. Seems not to come up if I dismiss the incoming call rather than let it ring out (on 3 btw). I can't see any other volume control except the iphone in app controls??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 483 ✭✭breathn

Wow the audio quality of playback of messages on my iPhone really really sucks so much compared to hearing the voicemails by dialing 171. The iPhone app makes the audio sound so extremely tinny.

But what's really strange is the mp3 when listened to through the website sounds just fine!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

Does anyone else find the message volume really low? I have the phone volume at max.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

brophs wrote: »
    Does anyone else find the message volume really low? I have the phone volume at max.

Have you clicked the "speaker" button, in the top right hand corner?

Advertisement