Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3pms are back on Cyfra+

• 05-09-2010 9:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

Just to confirm that the 3pms are back on Cyfra+. The EPG is showing the West Ham V Chelsea at 3pm on the HD Sports Channel. This is great news.

It's a nice bonus the match will be in HD. I am now glad I made the move to Cyfra+.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Good news mate! If only they had an English audio stream!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭IrishBazza

We live in hope on the english audio, but we will have to make do with the audio delay at the moment.

I would rather have the good picture quality and no english audio, than having english audio and a poor picture.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

That on the standard package or the HD one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

IrishBazza wrote: »
    Just to confirm that the 3pms are back on Cyfra+. The EPG is showing the West Ham V Chelsea at 3pm on the HD Sports Channel. This is great news.

It's a nice bonus the match will be in HD. I am now glad I made the move to Cyfra+.

Thanks for the good news.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Great news.
    Doodee wrote: »
    That on the standard package or the HD one?

HD seems to be a simulcast of Sport 1 so both i'd imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Options galore then now! I finally took the plunge and moved from SD to HD.Picked up an Azbox Ultra HD for about €255 yoyos on ebay so well happy as I wanted it for hardware blindscan and 4:2:2 feeds - both of which the VU+ Duo doesn't have.Also, €200 less than the Duo (I don't require a dual tuner on this) so it was a no brainer for me. :)

Sorry if I went off on one lol just delighted with my purchase. :D Now... must put up my Technomate TM-2600 this week coming. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

woo-hoo! :D
    I was quite happy with my Cyfra+ card purchase before but now "I'm trilled Paddy" I can bask in my self-satisfied glow for the day.

...and might I add "up Tipp"

woo-hoo! :D
    I was quite happy with my Cyfra+ card purchase before but now "I'm trilled Paddy" I can bask in my self-satisfied glow for the day.

...and might I add "up Tipp"

I was planning on ordering one the day before I read this thread but I took the plunge straight after.

Now I just need to find the updated firmware for the Argus Mini .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭slicedpanman

Now I just need to find the updated firmware for the Argus Mini .

just google
    +ILTV +firmware +"edision argus mini"
    and you'll find it no bother... I've got an Edision Argus Mini and the Cyfra+ card does not work in the box with the factory shipped firmware but I loaded the ILTV firmware and the card cleared straight away... happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭kkontour

Just came across this
    http://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2010/09/06/cyfra-improves-hd-offer/
    I wonder will these extra channels be included in the Cyfra+ multipakiet + Canal+ HD package
    The Polish DTH platform Cyfra+ has improved its offer by increasing the number of packages with HD channels.

It now provides a total of eight packages, or three more than previously, with the number including HD channels rising from one to five. Furthermore, the cost of HD channels is now included in that of the packages.

In another important change, Cyfra+ has also increased the number of packages carrying the Canal+ family of channels (Canal+, Canal+ Film, Canal+ Film HD, Canal+ Sport, Canal+ Sport HD and Canal+ Sport 2) to three.

Cyfra+’s eight packages vary in price from PLN19.90 (€5) a month for Start (formerly known as Powitalny+) to PLN168.90 Prestiz HD+ (formerly known as Prestizowy HD+). Later this autumn the platform plans to introduce a new sports channel (Canal+ Gol), as well as new packages known as Canal+ HD and Multipremium HD.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

The change in C+ packages might explain why Satsklep removed some of their options a few weeks ago.

Wouldn't mind knowing how much that Multipremium HD is, or what it covers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

Some footy upcoming on Cyfra guys....

http://www.cyfraplus.pl/program/?pilka-nozna_base/08

just google and you'll find it no bother... I've got an Edision Argus Mini and the Cyfra+ card does not work in the box with the factory shipped firmware but I loaded the ILTV firmware and the card cleared straight away... happy days

My Cyfra+ card arrived!

Quick question.

I downloaded ILTV_ArgusMINI_SD_HD_1170_GR.rar file with the following 2 files inside:
    ILTV_ArgusMINI_HD_1170_GR.abs
    ILTV_ArgusMINI_SD_1170_GR.abs

Seeing as I'm using HDMI I know that I've to use the HD file,
    But when I try to upgrade via usb i'm getting "BIN file mismatch"
    I assume that's not normal.
    Don't wanna brick the device by applying the wrong firmware.
    Help appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

My Cyfra+ card arrived!

Quick question.

I downloaded ILTV_ArgusMINI_SD_HD_1170_GR.rar file with the following 2 files inside:
    ILTV_ArgusMINI_HD_1170_GR.abs
    ILTV_ArgusMINI_SD_1170_GR.abs

Seeing as I'm using HDMI I know that I've to use the HD file,
    But when I try to upgrade via usb i'm getting "BIN file mismatch"
    I assume that's not normal.
    Don't wanna brick the device by applying the wrong firmware.
    Help appreciated.

You possibly have to upload all bootloader, software to receiver, not just software.

snaps wrote: »
    You possibly have to upload all bootloader, software to receiver, not just software.

It will display a msg stating that there is a bin file mismatch, but does give the option to proceed. I'm just wondering is this normal for the firmware install.

So I bit the bullet and applied the firmware. Chose to do all software + channel lists. Just doing a automatic set up now. Have whacked in the sub card too.
    Just wonder if the look ofthe UI should change much after the update? It doesn't appear to be different but the information screen suggests the update is applied.

Advertisement