Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Listening to Baz and Lucy on 2fm

• 05-09-2010 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭

...And its pretty crap.

Really these two are unbearable on the telly, now we have them on the radio? Well done RTE.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Fergus

Haven't listened to 2fm in years, not gonna start now :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Caught this myself this morning....I'm no fan of Kennedy to start off with, no opinion on Baz.
    Painful listening...Kennedy is so uninformed (even though she semed to have an opinion on anything and everything) and her delivery is terrible. Baz was just well, there...the music was crap (it's 2Fm no surprises there) and altogether for a sunday morning lie-in type show, it woke me enough to get up and look for a remote to change stations.
    These people are not radio presenters and I don't know why RTÉ keep pushing them to be...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

Is that one Kennedy the one who does the Bord Gáis ads?

Irritating woman, and that's for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

One and the same. She made me make the "big switch" this morning...to BBC R2...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

One extremely annoying woman, in this posters opinion.

You can take it from that I won't be tuning in.

That Baz geezer is a bit of a dose as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jvc

I still cant believe that someone in RTE thought it would be a good idea to get rid of Dave Redmond and give these two their own show! At least he is back on the radio now anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Folks, can I just remind you - feel free to attack the skills of the presenters, but personal insults and abuse will be removed and may result in action being taken against you.

Try to keep it civil. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭galwayfreak

i have to agree . but at least there better than martin king . he drives me soft. and then last sat they played a repeat of tommy and hector do RTE not give a **** anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,532 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

They are two people who have been promoted to levels way above their competence. Lucy was a useful foil for Podge and Rodge and to give her her due she did ok on that summer chat show she did a while back. However unlike Miriam O'Callaghan who can flip between light and heavy, Lucy basically needs a script and is completely out of her depth in a live radio show. As for Baz, he was again ok popping up now and then on a light entertainment show but not at all suited to this gig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 450 ✭✭tubos

I usually have the radio on in the background on sat/sun mornings, I must say Baz and Lucy was a far better listen than what was there before.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 522 ✭✭✭soc160

Problem with Rte is its a job for life really, no one else wants these "presenters" so they stay at rte unless there sacked which is rare, it amazes me they still persist with employing people with no ability!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

This show is deplorable nonsense, and yet another example of a pd making it up as he goes along. I bet it doesnt last 12 months. Lets hope its pulled before christmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Bartel

This show is dreadful. Worse than Colm and Jim-jim, if you can believe that. I actually texted them to say how dire it was, but I don't know if they read it out on air because I had switched off the radio by then.

RTE must have nothing but contempt for its audience because now these 2 clowns have a new TV show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Heard this show this morning (by accident) and genuinely couldn't believe how bad it was. I actually switched over to Martin King :eek:

I think Lucy Kennedy reached the limits of her talent as a sidekick to Podge & Rodge and ditto for Baz, acting the maggot on tour with his drunken chums in that programme I can't remember the name of. Really can't understand why these two are being pushed on us on the telly and radio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

soc160 wrote: »
    Problem with Rte is its a job for life really, no one else wants these "presenters" so they stay at rte unless there sacked which is rare, it amazes me they still persist with employing people with no ability!

Job for life, you say?

Tell that to Dave Redmond, Nikki Hayes, and the various other jocks they've dropped over the years...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 461 ✭✭carefulnow100

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Heard this show this morning (by accident) and genuinely couldn't believe how bad it was. I actually switched over to Martin King :eek:

I think Lucy Kennedy reached the limits of her talent as a sidekick to Podge & Rodge and ditto for Baz, acting the maggot on tour with his drunken chums in that programme I can't remember the name of. Really can't understand why these two are being pushed on us on the telly and radio.

How low can you go is the one your thinkin of! I have never listened to these 2 muppets on the radio and I never will!!! I can barely stand the lad and I cant stand that woman at all!:mad:! I will not watch any program she is on I always change!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,397 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Listened to the hour from nine to ten this morning. Now not only is lucy Kennedy terrible as a presenter, she is actually very rude on the radio. it happened when she was with Colm Hayes aswell where she would talk over the other presenter and talk as loud as she could as said "I dont care." and also called people listening to a certain type of music pervs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 loftypad

I think you all all are being too hard on Lucy making her out to be the worst radio broadcaster in the world .Its not true .I heard a fellow once on Spanish radio on holiday..ok shes awful..i made the big switch OFF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

Awful radio. Painfully disorganised in a kind of affected it's wacky and cool to be disorganised kind of way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,553 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Eep... I kinda like it (better than MK on Today FM anyway). :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭GSF

Been axed by 2FM for cost savings reasons from end of June according to todays Indo.

See, austerity isnt all bad! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Ok since it's now official and we won't be listening to them anymore I'm closing this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement