Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB Nadia close to self destruction?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

In her own delusional mind for the last 6 years she believed she was the most popular BB contestant ever and now that's all gone.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Indeed....i didn't like Nadia first time round, if "nice" people win then surely Shell should have won?, if "entertaining" people win then Dan should have won?, if "he's fit init" guys win then surely Stuart should have won?

I think the acceptance/transexual thing got her the win, but this time round people looked at Nadia, the person, and didn't like what they saw. I'm not sure how much the JJJ tweenies voting block contributed.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

In fairness to Nadia I don't think a lot of what was going on between her and Coolio was shown. Vanessa asked about it on Live Feed the others were saying that he kept asking her if she has a penis and told the other girls to put their hand up her skirt to see. He'd only refer to her by name or "them" or "they".

I have no idea why they didn't show it but it's a bit wrong really.

Now I don't like Nadia's personality, I think she's a bit of a wagon but she didn't deserve that. Going to the papers crying suicide is very extreme though. Such Drama!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭kevin12345

Das Kitty wrote: »
    In fairness to Nadia I don't think a lot of what was going on between her and Coolio was shown. Vanessa asked about it on Live Feed the others were saying that he kept asking her if she has a penis and told the other girls to put their hand up her skirt to see. He'd only refer to her by name or "them" or "they".

I have no idea why they didn't show it but it's a bit wrong really.

Now I don't like Nadia's personality, I think she's a bit of a wagon but she didn't deserve that. Going to the papers crying suicide is very extreme though. Such Drama!

Yes but the reason why Nadia was angry at Ulrika wasn't shown either!! Nadia apparently went crazy when she found out Ulrika was being paid £60,000 while Nadia is only being paid £12,000.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

kevin12345 wrote: »
    Yes but the reason why Nadia was angry at Ulrika wasn't shown either!! Nadia apparently went crazy when she found out Ulrika was being paid £60,000 while Nadia is only being paid £12,000.

But Ulrika's profile is definitely five times higher than Nadia's, so I think her anger was unfounded. What's she done since she won that warrants any more than that? 12,000 for a few week's work..

I thought her bullying claims were laughable, considering that she's quite forceful herself. And I think her nastiness about Josie was the result of jealousy. Josie's, apparently, the most popular winner ever.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Despise Reality TV so I know I shouldnt be posting here, but the OP's thread title is offensive.

Please educate yourself regarding posting glibly regarding the issue of suicide, especially when it comes to some idiot that a vulnerable person may wish to emulate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Darlughda wrote: »
    Despise Reality TV so I know I shouldnt be posting here, but the OP's thread title is offensive.

Please educate yourself regarding posting glibly regarding the issue of suicide, especially when it comes to some idiot that a vulnerable person may wish to emulate.

The OP stated that this is according to an interview with Marco (a friend of Nadia's) with The Daily Star :rolleyes:

And as people here know i was not a fan of Nadia on the show but find it a bit harsh to refer to her as an 'idiot' at the moment. By all accounts she has been harrassed quite badly since leaving the show, hate mail through her letter box and her car has been vandalised. If anyone is vunerable at the moment it is her.
    What gives you the right to come in her and undermine her while attacking the OP's post?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

mariaf24 wrote: »
    And as people here know i was not a fan of Nadia on the show but find it a bit harsh to refer to her as an 'idiot' at the moment. By all accounts she has been harrassed quite badly since leaving the show, hate mail through her letter box and her car has been vandalised. If anyone is vunerable at the moment it is her.
    What gives you the right to come in her and undermine her while attacking the OP's post?

but she is an idiot. a MASSIVE idiot. "her" and her ilk are all just attention starved greedy little people that will say and do anything to get those headlines. shes about as close to suicide as i am to being a level 9 scientology god. the fact that they will mention suicide (which is a massive problem for young ppl both here and across the water) just to get some headlines shows exactly where their head is at and she should be ridiculed and undermined for it. fuk em and fuk her. shows over nadia, now your going to have to live the next 50 years of your life like a normal person... i know, im sobbing too

• Registered Users Posts: 55,512 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Thread renamed to use a question mark instead of an exclamation mark. Jazzy's comment deleted.

Otherwise I agree with Maria's last post. I don't think the posters here are making light of the suicide story. Offensive comment's will just be deleted.

• Advertisement

Mr E wrote: »

Otherwise I agree with Maria's last post. I don't think the posters here are making light of the suicide story. Offensive comment's will just be deleted.

its not a story though, its milking attention in a bid to garner headlines and get more money. "oh look at me, everyone hates me AND im a transvestite, sob sob gimme cash and ill tell you all about it".
    that sort of behaviour deserves to be made fun of. her and her PR team know exactly what they are doing and exactly how to sell it. get another former housemate to announce it, have her not willing to speak, then in a few days be miraculously over it when a paper comes in with enough £££ to make it seem worthwhile.

it is so amazingly transparent

You're so cynical, Jazzy. :)

You may be right about her motives, but we still have to keep an eye on this thread to stop it going off the rails.
    Suicide is a very sensitive subject, and it should not be taken lightly.

mariaf24 wrote: »
    The OP stated that this is according to an interview with Marco (a friend of Nadia's) with The Daily Star :rolleyes:
    Nonetheless, the flippant use of the term 'close to suicide' associates this with an ok emotional state at the very least.

You're so cynical, Jazzy. :)

You may be right about her motives, but we still have to police this thread to stop it going off the rails.

in fairness, how often have you seen in trashy magazines "i was so close to suicide", "im going to kill myself", "death may be my only option" and sh1t like that. how many of these tabloid 'stars' have actually gone through with it? zero. there was that guy who presented kids tv but he wasnt in the mags and he wasnt that sort at all.

the celebs that make light of such a serious issue deserve to be punched right in their oversized faces. how the fuk dare they use suicide as an excuse for attention

It's not normally like me not to enclose sources...so here we go:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1345189

I am writing this as a deeply concerned friend of Nadia’s. She is devastated following last night’s eviction and returned home to find her car egged and abusive letters through the door. I have never seen her in this state.

It is most concerning that the public was misled in regards to the dispute with Coolio. He made deeply offensive, homophobic comments continuously to her and the other housemates regarding gender and sexuality for many days on end which were not broadcast. It was made to be seen that Coolio left the house after Nadia erratically confronted him about hiding her shoes. This was not the case. Coolio was on his third and final warning from Big Brother about abusive and threatening behaviour. By this point Nadia had suffered a panic attack and was mentally beginning to breakdown. Not broadcast. It was made to seem that Coolio asked BB to leave the house. He was in fact *asked* to leave the Big Brother house by Sharon Powers. If Coolio had made similar comments regarding race, BB would have been obliged to show the dispute in FULL. The transphobic slurs made and broadcast on Big Mouth and BBLB merely reinforce BB’s position that homophobia and transphobia is fully permitted and encouraged by the BB platform. As a result, it has been made to look that Coolio asked to leave the house on the flippant actions of Nadia enraged over a pair of shoes - instead of after days and days of abuse. Her moods following Coolio’s departure were a knock-on effect from his time in the house. It was also not broadcast that Coolio intimidated and threatened Nadia with talks of a stabbing earlier in his youth.

She feels her life is now ruined and the goodwill built from her earlier stay in the house has been destroyed. I am writing this as a deeply concerned friend in the hope that Endemol will do something to address this, please. I can only hope Nadia will forgive me for writing this on a public forum but there is no doubt in my mind that she is now at genuine suicide risk. She has understandably lost all trust in the producers and does not want to speak with Stephen Flett (the esteemed psychologist who approved and put through contestants such as Shahbaz and Alexandra). The only further reproach will be legal action and complaints to OFCOM regarding flagrant unfair portrayal. I am asking Endemol to help Nadia Almada.

Nonetheless, the flippant use of the term 'close to suicide' associates this with an ok emotional state at the very least.

You admit not following reality tv, like BB....thus you've NO idea about Nadia, i do. I belive she is very fragile and *needs* the love of the public.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

It always seems to happen to the ones who go back. Remember Jade? Loved first time around and then everyone hated her after her actions when she went back in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

EKRIUQ wrote: »
    In her own delusional mind for the last 6 years she believed she was the most popular BB contestant ever and now that's all gone.

She's on a "celebrity" come dine with me right now. She did mention that a few times already!

Mm yeah..the word hubris springs to mind..

You admit not following reality tv, like BB....thus you've NO idea about Nadia, i do. I belive she is very fragile and *needs* the love of the public.

Okay. Enough is enough. This reads like a post of a psychopath.

• Advertisement

Okay. Enough is enough. This reads like a post of a psychopath.

With all due respect, that's a ridiculous statement to make.

Richard began his statement with "I believe...".
    It's his opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

I'm still watching this thread like a hawk.

With all due respect, that's a ridiculous statement to make.

Richard began his statement with "I believe...".
    It's his opinion. You don't have to agree with it.

I'm still watching this thread like a hawk.

Well thankfully someone is. I cannot believe you have allowed the suicide thing title of this thread to go on. Therefore it is an admin I need to go to yes?

Digital Spy: "BB Marco: Nadia is a suicide risk"
    Daily Star: "Nadia: My Big Brother Hell"
    BreakingNews.ie: Nadia claims returning to the Big Brother house has “ruined” her life and left her suicidal.
    The Sun: BIG Brother has defended its handling of transsexual housemate Nadia Almada - who said she was suicidal after being booed during her eviction on Friday.

Whether you like it or not, this story is in the news. Nadia is allegedly suicidal (and that is the terminology being used).

I will bring this thread to the attention my co-moderators and category moderators. If they decide that the thread should be closed, then I will stand by their decision.

Totally agree with Mr E. The title of the post was the headline on one of the Sunday tabloids. Many other sensitive issues are discussed on boards every day and I don't think anyone here's been particularly flippant, if at all.

Digital Spy: "BB Marco: Nadia is a suicide risk"
    Daily Star: "Nadia: My Big Brother Hell"
    BreakingNews.ie: Nadia claims returning to the Big Brother house has “ruined” her life and left her suicidal.
    The Sun: BIG Brother has defended its handling of transsexual housemate Nadia Almada - who said she was suicidal after being booed during her eviction on Friday.

Whether you like it or not, this story is in the news. Nadia is allegedly suicidal (and that is the terminology being used).

I will bring this thread to the attention my co-moderators and category moderators. If they decide that the thread should be closed, then I will stand by their decision.

Yes, totally agree with Mr E, even Davina has tweeted on the subject.

The OP was referring to this story, he didn't invent it himself.

Darlughda i think you are over reacting even though i do agree that Nadia and her PR team may be using her poor treatment to their advantage.

After discussing it with the other TV moderators and Arts category moderators, we've decided to change the thread title, and add the external links to the original post.

Thanks to whoever changed the title of the thread.

To anyone who thinks I have been over reacting on this issue, you really have no idea how influential these kind of things are to certain people who are about to self harm. I know what I am talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

DS:
    Nadia has revealed that she is feeling "completely distraught" following her eviction on Friday and claimed that returning to the show has ruined her life.

The Big Brother 5 winner told the Daily Star Sunday that she has suffered abuse from the public since leaving the house and accused show bosses of misleading viewers in their handling of Coolio's exit.

Going back on Big Brother has ruined my life. I was the victim in that house but I was shown to be the villain.

"I'm just gutted. I hate my life so much right now and sometimes ending it all is the only solution. I'm at the lowest point I've ever been so I'm surrounding myself with friends and family and hoping God will be there for me.

"I was already in a vulnerable place and this has thrown me overboard. When this mess is over I just don't know what I'll do. I'm losing it. I'm emotional. This is the last thing I need in my life.

"My car has had eggs thrown all over it and I've had horrible notes sent to me, calling me a bitch. I've had to start avoiding people and stop answering calls. I don't know how much more I can take. I feel betrayed by Channel 4. There was no loyalty from them, no duty of care. They failed to protect me.

"Coolio targeted me on the first night and he wouldn't leave me alone. He kept asking about my gender status and he humiliated me over it. If it had been a racial slur they would have shown it but because it was against a transsexual they edited it out. They made it look like I wanted to leave over a pair of shoes but the truth is I was being bullied.

"I had a panic attack but that was left out as well. I'm going to speak to Ofcom and I want a public apology from Big Brother over this. I will be contacting lawyers and solicitors because I want to take things further. I was lured onto the show with them saying it would be a celebration. But after this I don't want to represent Big Brother any more.

"I don't feel safe to go out. I feel frightened. Big Brother discarded me. This has destroyed me. I was the nation's sweetheart and people embraced me. But now I'm the villain."

Defending comments she made to Josie about her relationship with John James, she added: "I stand by what I said. John James did treat her unfairly and he isn't genuine. She is such a lovely girl and she deserves someone better."

Just to give my opinion on some of Nadia's Statement.
    "I want to end it all. I just feel my life isn't worth living any more," she said. "I can't carry on living the way I feel. I'm in the gutter and I'm completely distraught.

I'm sorry, but she is obviously not that distraught, as she is giving an interview about it.
    Big Brother discarded me. This has destroyed me. I was the nation's sweetheart and people embraced me. But now I'm the villain."

I think this is what is upsetting Nadia the most, the fact that BB in her opinion let her down.

I'm unsure after that as BB has been known to edit things to go their way so I wouldn't blame her if she wants to follow that up.

But what some people are forgetting is the fact that Nadia could be overbearingly loud and in your face when she was upset with another HM.
    So she did herself no favours when she reacted to Coolio the way she did.

I think that is what got her evicted.

As Victor said, if you are up for nomination and you argue, then you will be out.

It happened to him and to Jade.

Jade got a backlash too because of what happened when she returned to CBB.

I would have thought Nadia would have kept that in mind and not let HMs rile her.

Hopefully she will come to her senses and realise she is Nadia, not Nadia as portrayed by BB.

I wish her well.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Fistycuffs

If Nadia is suicidal after her experience in BB then I feel extremely sorry for her. Sadly I don't think it's Ultimate Big Brother that's brought her to the bad place she's in now.

It is not psychologically healthy or normal to build a self concept around how you placed in a reality show several years ago. If she is disintigrating because she she is not the beloved darling of an entire nation then something was already very wrong in her life before she went in the house this summer and it needed to be addressed. Hopefully this experience might be the catalyst to see her do that.

I also think that when Nadia won she did so for many reasons, least of which was her personality. I think people wanted to support her because she was courageous in putting herself out there as a transgender person and liked how she dealt with the bullying she got from bad boy Jason.
    I remember her as having poor english and generally being quiet and nervous except for occasional angry outbursts at Jason who everyone hated anyway.

The fact that we all knew she was transgender but the HMs didn't also made her a focus of sympathy for the public and cast her outbursts in a more forgivable light. Her circumstances rather than herself made her the most worthy winner on that year.

She probably had a lonely life of feeling unaccepted before her win and it must've meant an enormous amount to her. I can fully sympathise with that but I don't think anyone can just let one point in their life define them, be it good or bad. HMs who do that will be the saddest legacy of BB. :(

I really hope that she's ok and will get the help she needs , but I don't think that it's Endemol that she needs help from.

• Advertisement

shes as suicidal as a sultan in a harem. the story is bollocks, its spin and nonsense floated out there to get cash. if you think otherwise, its not about opinions, its about you being completely unaware of how the tabloid press and its "stars" work.

if you think about it more like professional wrestling you'd be getting somewhere

Advertisement