Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BB Nadia close to self destruction?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

Apparently, she has tried to commit suicide.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a275530/bb-nadia-rushed-to-hospital-in-suicide-bid.html

If she was that mentally fragile she shouldn't have been allowed into the house. Don't they do psychological assessments before HMs go in?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

If that is true, I feel sorry for her and hope she gets the help she needs. To be honest, I would think that she went into the house believing that she was loved and the negative reaction she got shocked her somewhat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,700 ✭✭✭irishh_bob

Paparazzo wrote: »
    She's on a "celebrity" come dine with me right now. She did mention that a few times already!

watched her on celebrity come dine , she was her usual arrogant , self important and rude self on that aswell

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭mariaf24

Ya i just read it on line also.

i cant believe she lives in a council flat? :eek: Imagine going from winning BB to living in a council flat? (No offence to anyone living in council flats, you know what i mean :o)

• Registered Users Posts: 86,256 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/bigbrother/news/a275530/bb-nadia-rushed-to-hospital-in-suicide-bid.html
    Former Big Brother contestant Nadia Almada has reportedly been rushed to hospital after attempting to end her own life.
    The BB5 winner was found slumped in her bathroom on Wednesday following an overdose of prescription drugs and painkillers, reports The Sun.
    The 33-year-old - who admitted that she was feeling suicidal after her eviction from the Ultimate Big Brother house last week - apparently told friends: "I want to end it all."
    A friend staying at Nadia's council flat is said to have discovered her body and called for an ambulance. She was reportedly kept under medical observation on Wednesday night, after which she was declared fit enough to return home.
    A source said: "This is a cry for help. She is very unhappy."
    Earlier this week, fellow BB5 contestant Marco Sabba spoke out on the Digital Spy forums to announce that Nadia was "devastated" by the hostile public reaction following her eviction.
    Nadia recently attacked Channel 4 for the way in which she was presented during her UBB confrontations with Coolio, accusing the broadcaster of misleading the viewers.
    Last night, a Big Brother spokesperson said: "We have been in constant touch with Nadia and, like all housemates, she has access to all of our aftercare facilities."

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Jazzy...you owe me an apology, mods/whomever....so i was right all along.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭c montgomery

mariaf24 wrote: »

i cant believe she lives in a council flat? :eek: Imagine going from winning BB to living in a council flat? (No offence to anyone living in council flats, you know what i mean :o)

:D:D:D:D

Im delighted, i hope its a right hole of a place. She's a rude, arrogant and nasty person and im happy to see karma is alive and well.

mariaf24 wrote: »

That's a big part of why she said she was bitter and had things rough post her BB win, she did not get the success and deals/money others have got before and since.

Ergo why she lives in a council flat, personally i think the "acceptance" she wanted and we thought she got was false, it lasted a short time, now everyone knowing who she was + transsexual i think Nadia has received alot of verbal and transphobic abuse since her win, Davina's "boyish good looks" confirms this....ergo, it was all fake and she was never really accepted.

:D:D:D:D

Im delighted, i hope its a right hole of a place. She's a rude, arrogant and nasty person and im happy to see karma is alive and well.

She was the same in BB5, i never liked her. :mad:

Apparently, she has tried to commit suicide.

If she was that mentally fragile she shouldn't have been allowed into the house. Don't they do psychological assessments before HMs go in?

The psyche eval has been proven to be as useful as a brillo pad to wipe your arse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭DingosAteMyBaby

Jazzy...you owe me an apology, mods/whomever....so i was right all along.

Hardly a thing to gloat about:rolleyes:

A woman reportedly tries to end her life and your reaction is "I told you so":confused:

In regards to the situation, I am bit confused about why Coolio's appalling behaviour towards Nadia was swept underneath the carpet a bit.

However she was quite an unpleasant housemate anyway with all her unnecessary bitching and sniping and I was glad she was evicted. She definitely went in with a massive ego and the reception she received from the eviction audience obviously shattered it. She definitely needs help and the producers or whoever responsible should have ensured she received any help she needed.

Hardly a thing to gloat about:rolleyes:

A woman reportedly tries to end her life and your reaction is "I told you so":confused:

No...it's more the point i was lambasted for posting a topic about Nadia and her being at risk of suicide + i got mod edited to wthin an inch of my life, when NOTHING i posted was out of order, PC bull****e is all it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Ah come now. I love Brian and Pete Burns and despise Nadia - not because she's had a sex change but because she's a self-centred, petty, domineering human being. Come Dine With Me was a reminder of all her bad points and made it all but impossible to sympathise with her. That sense of entitlement is equally despicable. She did no worse than the vast majority of BB winners before or since. What does she thinks she deserved more for exactly? Her winning personality? Give Me a Break! She won because of a novelty factor and because people found her tantrums entertaining. Then they got tired of it. She should work on developing some humility, kindness, empathy, gratitude, rather than what the public didn't give her.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

No...it's more the point i was lambasted for posting a topic about Nadia and her being at risk of suicide + i got mod edited to wthin an inch of my life, when NOTHING i posted was out of order, PC bull****e is all it was.

Mr E PMd you about that Richard so don't bring it up on thread please.
    Jazzy wrote: »
    are you that naive? do you have any idea how the media works, or people from that matter?
    i dunno, you dont seem that smart so ill forgive you

ill=not well.

I'll = I will.

Watch it with the snide comments!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I was never a big fan of Nadia but this saddens me. I hope things work out OK for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I was going to ask some questions as to her living conditions, but though that I'd take the high road seeing as how she is quite obviously going through difficult times. Yeah, pat myself on the back and all that.

I'm sure that Mr.Nice Guy above will agree with me when I say that this type of thing happens quite often in the world of Pro Wrestling.

It's very easy to slam someone who is depressed and suicidal from behind a keyboard, but none of us actually know what these people are going through.

Today is world suicide prevention day.

Here are some links for people who may need help:
    International Association for Suicide Prevention (IASP)
    Samaritans
    Pieta House

• Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Terry wrote: »

Samaritans
    Pieta House

In addition to the above, the following thread is worth 2 minutes of your time whether you need it or not;

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=67916966#post67916966

Take a read. Be happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    In addition to the above, the following thread is worth 2 minutes of your time whether you need it or not;

I'm not a frequent visitor to AH. It's a shame, because it means I miss gems like that post.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Terry wrote: »
    I was going to ask some questions as to her living conditions, but though that I'd take the high road seeing as how she is quite obviously going through difficult times. Yeah, pat myself on the back and all that.

I'm sure that Mr.Nice Guy above will agree with me when I say that this type of thing happens quite often in the world of Pro Wrestling.

It's very easy to slam someone who is depressed and suicidal from behind a keyboard, but none of us actually know what these people are going through.

Samaritans
    Pieta House

wanna talk about pro wrestling weirdos and the pressure cooker they live in? you are talking different worlds. same kind of subject matter but ultimately, not even the same ballpark. i know, it seems like a good example in your head but there is a critical difference - want and need. nadia wants, british bulldog needs... its a whole different affair to get into the fine lining of that arguement, but as i said in my post above - she cheapens the deal. yeah sure shes a human life, but she is one that is taking advantage of simple ppls emotions for profit, therefore, she can go fuk herself.
    wanna talk about wrestlers fuking themselves over, make a thread and ill talk to ya all day about it and ill talk to ya all day about how nadia isnt close to that (despite me saying that you should look to pro wrestling for clues.. thats more to do with the way the media release and publicise these things)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Jazzy, there is a sticky at the top of the forum called "BB Threads and Swearing" that says "Foul language and cursing is not allowed on this forum. Anyone swearing and using foul language will be infracted and banned for repeat offences. Using fonts to get around the swear filter will also result in action being taken by a mod."

Consider this a warning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement