Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA & Access courses???

Options
  • 05-09-2010 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi, I've applied for the BTEA on an access course I'm interested in doing. The only thing is, I'm already a 3rd level graduate so would I be entitled to this scheme? The access course will get me into UCC next year, and its a totally different field & a higher qualification than I already hold. Anybody have any ideas about what my chances are??? I've been researching sites & talked to the local social welfare office but all the conflicting info has fried my poor little brain.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

In general you are eligible if you are attending an Access course, however, it's unlikely you will get it if you already hold a degree as the qualification from the Access course is not a higher qualification than the degree.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭Martina05

Thanks for the info, Keith. I only have a diploma from years ago & the access course is to get me onto a degree programme, does that make little difference??

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

THe best thing I can suggest you do is find out who your Jobs facilitator is and give him/her a bell and discuss it, if they think it's going to lead onto a higher qualification they may be able to approve it.

Advertisement