Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAKE IT HANDY -**A Public Service Announcement from ninty9er**

Options
  • 05-09-2010 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, just one note. There is a BIG STYLE clampdown on anti-social behaviour this year after the threatened one last year didn't work.

There have already been 4 people evicted from Kilmurry and Plassey and the evictions will continue.

So do have a bit of cop-on, there is no need to get so wasted that you give the village manager abuse and get a warning without remembering the following day. That's not funny, it's scary, particularly when you've got to make a call to your parents to tell them you've been evicted.

Breaking bottles and having food-fights is not a good idea, and is going to cost you deposit deductions.

I can do very little to represent students causing damage when I am given an itemised bill of damages and have an incident report from security sitting on my desk.

Landlords don't like evicting people, they don't even want the hassle of getting people in to fix damage caused by tenants, so keep your house neat, CLOSE THE DOORS AND WINDOWS if you have a good few friends about to keep the noise in, it makes a MASSIVE difference.

Please also be mindful that there is an €80 fine for drinking in public, and yes, the University campus is a public area.

Also, try and remember that other people are trying to sleep while you make your way home, so there's no need to shout at the person 2 steps ahead of you.

Sorry to sound preachy, but it would make my life and Viv's (as well as the University's - They're mainly on the students' side too) life a whole lot easier. We've already got residents complaining, and if they do happen to figure out who you are, the University has now made them aware of how to complain about you so that you could end up with anti-social behaviour on your record.

Put it this way, everyone is getting sick of the ****, and all they're looking for is a bit of cop-on and common decency, which isn't a major task for the vast majority of students in the sober form, but that majority wains when there's alcohol or other substances involved.

We have enough trouble trying to get SOME people to accept students are normal people too, without SOME students going out and giving these people ammunition

PLEASE, take it handy, and spread the wordwink.gif

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭MiciG91

Well it is college and your always going to have a couple of idiots unfortunatley me being one off them.

But wrecking houses is just plain ignorant.we had a couple off problems with security in thomond village last year which we all thought was a bit unfair and in the end our vilage manager agreed with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Idiots are one thing, malicious damage and just plain anti-social is another. I can tell the difference, but I'm yet to hear the same reconstruction of any incident from both student and village manager.

I'm not out to spoil anybody's fun, just saying to be mindful of the neighbours and don't get yourself a record. It could jeopardise travel to the US, Canada and Australia, even on a tourist or J1 visa.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

It really is a shame the courts refuse to issue ASBOs in this country. I know it is a long process and the person must get a warning first and so on. but it could be very handy in instances like this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Seloth

At like 2-3am here inplassy two fellas came too our door banging and presssing the doorbell for ages they tried getting in,sayong they lived inour house,after like two mins they left saying they used to lve here so.

At 4 we woke up to banging,shouting and more shouting.One of the other roommate got it this time and he said there was 6 of them,he told them to piss off and then the guy put his hand against the door frame so he threatend to slam the door against it unless he fecked off.As he moved the door the guy pulled off but then banged on it saying let us in or we'll fsmash the window open with a miller bottle.

This morning I heard they burst through the door down near us and set off the fire alarm.Like in all fairness somethings are grand but that was bloody vicouse stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭DJCR

Basically, don't do anything that was acceptable 3 to 4 years ago........ because mother nature is now far stricter !!!!!

FACT - if I was in your situation back then............. I'd be in Mountjoy!!!

Still though ............ if you can have fun in silence ............ be my guest :):):):)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

Those lads in Plassey should be reported to the guards for assualt and attempted break in and public order offences.

Seriously! Give them descriptions etc. A few months in prision and/or a nice fine with silence them.

Advertisement