Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Continuation fee after 3 years or after 4 now?

Options
  • 05-09-2010 1:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭

It seems like you need to be James Bond to get the information you need on what you'll be charged in different contexts in this place.

There's stuff on postgrads.ie saying that, from this year, you pay continuation fee instead of full fees after 3 years PhD postgrad study in UL..?

I got an email from the fees office saying I would be charged the coninuation fee now (entering my 4th year).

Any official documentation I find on the ul website is out of date and therefore possibly not relevant.

I really need to know where I stand:

If I am getting charged full fees I need to stay full time so they are covered by the grant.

If I am getting the continuation fee I need to go part time so I can get work/jsa, and the grant doesn't cover continuation fees anyway.

Can anybody shed some light on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Have you contacted Dan Comerford, the PSA president: psapresident@ul.ie
    He ought to be able to shed some light on the situation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

Thanks I sent him a mail. I'll post any information he provides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

He responded already.

New students will pay the continuation fee after 4 years. Students already in the system will still pay it after 3.

Advertisement