Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mountain Biking in Dublin City?

• 05-09-2010 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

I'm a bit of a mountain biking notice on a fairly cheap mountain bike. However I was wondering if there is anywhere in Dublin City I could do a bit of mountain biking? I'm not looking for anything too tough, just something fairly safe just dip my toes into. Is there anywhere up Phoenix Park I could do it?

Currently all the use my mountain bike is the 3 miles to work each day. Not really getting the use out of it.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Mockler on the forums here was running a fews spins round the pheonix park every week but I'm not sure if they're still going. But there definitely is some stuff in the park however from what I understand it's nothing majorly challenging. Maybe try giving him a pm to ask where the trails start and end in the park?

Another option is to head out to the purpose built trails at ballinastoe, about a 45 min drive from the city.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 89 ✭✭madrichie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,779 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

Seems to be some kind of tracks opposite knocksink woods in Enniskerry, again a very short hop out from town. Don't know much more, just popped my head over the wall on my way back from a spin, after seeing a guy on a bike in the air!

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Paulyh

smacl wrote: »
    Seems to be some kind of tracks opposite knocksink woods in Enniskerry, again a very short hop out from town. Don't know much more, just popped my head over the wall on my way back from a spin, after seeing a guy on a bike in the air!

as far as i know there are some dirt jumps behind that wall, i've never been there though.
    If you are near St. Annes Park, is quite good for very light biking, some nice trails and loops, and some very impressive dirt jumps, some full on 6 foot high, 10-15 foot gaps to small table tops. I havent been in there in a while but the guys are always building.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 317 ✭✭zil

Paulyh wrote: »
    as far as i know there are some dirt jumps behind that wall, i've never been there though.
    If you are near St. Annes Park, is quite good for very light biking, some nice trails and loops, and some very impressive dirt jumps, some full on 6 foot high, 10-15 foot gaps to small table tops. I havent been in there in a while but the guys are always building.

Yea that's the dirt jumps alright, nice beginner line that anyone can have a go on but nothing that you'd call a trail. I haven't been to the jumps in st annes but I've heard from some of the guys that they're much more advanced and they don't have much of a beginner line so not really the good for starting out.

• Advertisement
Advertisement