Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC 'Free' 10MB to 15MB Upgrade?

• 05-09-2010 1:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

A while back i got a text off UPC saying

'Thank you for being a loyal customer. To give our thanks, we have given you a free 10MB to 15MB upgrade. To avail of this offer, simply unplug & replug your router & modem'

So, i finally got around to doing this today, and what do you know? UPC lied. Download 9MB (Though I can never pass 1.2MBPS when i'm downloading) & 0.84UL, as we've come to expect.

Any ideas on your input here, gentlemen & Ladies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭hadepsx

howd u retrieve this 9mb amount from, a speed test? if so u rarely gt wot u pay for in regards to speed test ie u pay 2 20mb bt only gt 12mb, this is cos of internet usage cud be lots of people on at any 1 time slowing u down, happens 2 me all d time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 tpedoussaut

I received that text a few days ago (Aug 24th). I rebooted the modem a few hours later once at home, and hey presto I was at 15 Down, 1,5 Up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭tomdadude

Xinkai wrote: »
    A while back i got a text off UPC saying

'Thank you for being a loyal customer. To give our thanks, we have given you a free 10MB to 15MB upgrade. To avail of this offer, simply unplug & replug your router & modem'

So, i finally got around to doing this today, and what do you know? UPC lied. Download 9MB (Though I can never pass 1.2MBPS when i'm downloading) & 0.84UL, as we've come to expect.

Any ideas on your input here, gentlemen & Ladies?

How did you only "get around to doing this today".It takes about 10 seconds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Xinkai

I'm lazy =D

Advertisement