Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Orientation Guides

Options
  • 05-09-2010 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

:confused:
    Last Tuesday i went through the postgrad orientation day at UL. I did my undergrad degree in UL just graduating last week. There are 10 in my masters class, 6 of whom were complete newbies to UL and it must be said that the campus is completely daunting to people who are visiting for the first time. The orientation guide didnt help. basically when we met him he looked like he had just fallen out of bed, he was fidgeting he looked confused and he was making us uncomfortable! he basically didnt know where to start in an attempt to show us around campus. he didnt know that some of us had gone to UL before so we let him know and he said "ah ye can show the others around so, i'll meet ye in EGO10 at 1pm for enrolement, otherwise i won't get paid" and he walked off.
    I know there are loads of excellent orientation guides out there and im by no means painting them all with the one brush but this fella was a disgrace!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Clio_ wrote: »
    :confused:
    Last Tuesday i went through the postgrad orientation day at UL. I did my undergrad degree in UL just graduating last week. There are 10 in my masters class, 6 of whom were complete newbies to UL and it must be said that the campus is completely daunting to people who are visiting for the first time. The orientation guide didnt help. basically when we met him he looked like he had just fallen out of bed, he was fidgeting he looked confused and he was making us uncomfortable! he basically didnt know where to start in an attempt to show us around campus. he didnt know that some of us had gone to UL before so we let him know and he said "ah ye can show the others around so, i'll meet ye in EGO10 at 1pm for enrolement, otherwise i won't get paid" and he walked off.
    I know there are loads of excellent orientation guides out there and im by no means painting them all with the one brush but this fella was a disgrace!

Denis.Murphy@ul.ie is who you want to talk to, and he'll definitely want the feedback. If you don't give this feedbcak someone else could end up with this guy as a guide next year, and you don't really want to have that on your conscience do you?;)

Advertisement