Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copied website advise

Options
  • 05-09-2010 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭

My Company Zeus Electric had two websites, zeuselectricdoors.ie/.com and zeusautomaticdoors.ie. The member of staff whom maintained the websites has disbanded and re-registered under another trading name. My solicitor advised that the websites be taken down, and that we should rebuild.
    We now have our new site up zeuselectricltd.ie which more or less has the same content as before (wording and pictures) , but the break-away company has also used our wording and pictures and replicated and exact copy of our site. I am seeking advice on how to aquire my two older domain names zeuselectricdoors.ie/.com and zeus automaticdoors.ie so we can set up DNS redirects to our new site, and advice on is it legal for the break-away company to copy the website as Google bots see little or no difference between the two sites and is of concern to me. Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

as you have a solicitor working for you in this case he's the best person to ask. i'm no expert but i can't imagine posting about the problem on boards can make his job any easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Pixelcraft

I did a whois on the domain, so the company ZEUS ELECTRIC LIMITED owns the .ie's in question. Simply set up a hosting account, transfer the domains to it and you'll be asked to fax over a signed letter saying you're the rightful owner then that's it.

When you order hosting with most hosts, there will be a relatively simple option to transfer a domain from within the order process.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

For the .ie domain names - Pixelcraft has covered it.

The .com domain names are a different matter entirely. If you need assistance / advice feel free to email me directly (michele[@]blacknight.com)

I'd also be very cautious about posting on this matter if you are currently dealing with a solicitor, as it could cause prejudice

• Company Representative Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭TheCostumeShop.ie: Ronan

This OP is traffic baiting, waste of genuinely helpful peoples time. reported to mods.

(Ref http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056022377)

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

This OP is traffic baiting, waste of genuinely helpful peoples time. reported to mods.

(Ref http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056022377)

Thats odd! because I'm in a marketing forum full to the brim of people asking various questions about how to promote their online business's and I ask two questions in two posts and I'm jumped on by someone claiming to be helpful screaming that I'm traffic baiting? All the while this person has COSTUMESSHOP.IE plastered across their forehead:confused:

Is I in the wrong section:confused:

• Advertisement

First off you spelt my website wrong and I understand English may not be your first language but your not Ali G so make the effort.

Second you have other posts on this forum designed to get traffic to your site saying your in the process of making the site then hadn't bothered to give them something worth reviewing, just dodgy code. This post is saying you had staff maintaining your site, but its not possible to steal .ie's in that way you claimed happened. Did you really need to split the threads? Link building is one thing but taking advantage of peoples time is another.

We are here to help, but to me it looks like your taking advantage, I could be wrong. Also when people trick people onto sites like this it can often indicate malware etc, as I said were here to help people so that's why I said your posts are dodgy!

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭CSU

First off you spelt my website wrong and I understand English may not be your first language but your not Ali G so make the effort.

Second you have other posts on this forum designed to get traffic to your site saying your in the process of making the site then hadn't bothered to give them something worth reviewing, just dodgy code. This post is saying you had staff maintaining your site, but its not possible to steal .ie's in that way you claimed happened. Did you really need to split the threads? Link building is one thing but taking advantage of peoples time is another.

We are here to help, but to me it looks like your taking advantage, I could be wrong. Also when people trick people onto sites like this it can often indicate malware etc, as I said were here to help people so that's why I said your posts are dodgy!

Ok then, I'm sorry for the typo when spelling your name. Why don't you like Ali-G, is it because I is black? (J/K trying to express what little humour I can muster up)

I never said the domain names were stolen, I said "the website was copied" ie.content?
    You've got me all wrong in regards to the 'dodgy dealings', I genuinely spent quite a bit of time these past few weeks learning the standards, tools and lingo that come with one's venture into the world of CSS, HTML, CRM's, ERM,s and lot's and lot's of other little basic things I never knew or had the chance to learn about, that is why I am here asking what may seem dodgy questions.

I agree, I probably should have kept the thread count to one, but what's the big deal anyway?

I feel it's wrong to say I came in shouted a name all over the place and then stood back laughing and spamming and backlinking till the cow's came home with nothing to show but some 'dodgy code'...my post in the other thread clearly stated exactly the events which lead to the site eating itself in two minutes flat > I fixed from backup....all is well now and thanjs to some kind folk here I have a new list to work on...as I said You definably have me wrong:cool:

Ok fair enough, I apologize. I called it as I saw it.

The domain IEDR will sort out for you, also under common law the person is passing themselves off at you. Duplicate content can be reported to Google and they'll get a Google slap. As for the site, its a long way off looking professional I'm afraid. Would be worth investing in getting a designer to get the bones together or using a Joomla or Wordpress platform & theme.

Advertisement