Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Where to buy the Slim

• 05-09-2010 3:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭

I had two 20gb consoles and have sold both so am ready to buy a 250 GB Slim. Smiths are selling one with any new game for 279e, anyone know what others are doing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

bennyc wrote: »
    I had two 20gb consoles and have sold both so am ready to buy a 250 GB Slim. Smiths are selling one with any new game for 279e, anyone know what others are doing.

The Halo Reach console, €300; with extra controller and the game, plus fancy colour scheme and sounds. Can only be pre-ordered, in Game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,895 ✭✭✭grimm2005

I think hmv have it on it's own with no games for €225

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

XtraVision have it for €265 with any game and and a HDMI cable...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Argos seem to have a sale on the 4GB 360 S until tomorrow - €140.
    2ps0nzm.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

GAME have it for 265 with Mass Effect 2, Prince of Persia and Need For Speed Shift.

Pretty good my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Argos seem to have a sale on the 4GB 360 S until tomorrow - €140.
    2ps0nzm.png

Argh....Im looking for a new 360 and that is SOOOOOOO tempting but the small HD would bug me as its a long time (and a high cost) till the stand-alones are gonna be out :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭yoshytoshy

Can you use an external drive for game installs etc ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

yoshytoshy wrote: »
    Yes, you can use a small usb pen drive (16gb is the max size I think).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

I've been holding off buying the 'stealth' as they're now calling it, but I might pick one up with halo reach. Are most places still taking trade ins? I only have a non-hdmi basic with 20gb hard drive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Argh....Im looking for a new 360 and that is SOOOOOOO tempting but the small HD would bug me as its a long time (and a high cost) till the stand-alones are gonna be out :confused:

I know... I'm soooo tempted to pick this up with a couple of 16GB USB sticks and make do. I think the new drives are available in the States already for $130. Link
    But after doing the sums, it probably makes the decision easier to wait for the full 360 S - for this Argos offer it'd be €140 for console + €130 for HDD is already more than some stores are doing bundles at the moment.
    kanney wrote:
    GAME have it for 265 with Mass Effect 2, Prince of Persia and Need For Speed Shift.
    yoshytoshy wrote: »
    You can't use an external drive as such - you can use USB memory sticks (up to 2 x 16GB sticks), or technically speaking you could use a USB Hard drive drive, but I think only up to 16GB of the space on it. (Some technical limitation of the file format they created for the USB Key support, I reckon.)

The other down side is also that the external USB HDD might give you poor / slow performance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭ciaburkie

i got mine in Gamestop, 250gig Xbox 360 S, an extra controller, Halo 3 ODST, Forza 3, Pure, Lego Batman & Fifa 09 for €270

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 888 ✭✭✭Kanney

ciaburkie wrote: »
    i got mine in Gamestop, 250gig Xbox 360 S, an extra controller, Halo 3 ODST, Forza 3, Pure, Lego Batman & Fifa 09 for €270

Lies.

When?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭bennyc

ciaburkie wrote: »

You didnt get that in Sligo anyway, think they have the slim and alan wake for 260, 1 controller afaik.

Just spotted the gamestop bundle at lunch
    Console , Extra Controller, Halo Reach, Lego Batman , Pure, Halo Warthog RC.

Leaving the RC car out it is a pretty good deal for Reach and a Controller, that would be 75 alone.

xtraVision have console , hdmi and any new game for 264 so maybe a better deal again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

how much for the gamestop bundle?

south wrote: »
    how much for the gamestop bundle?

Well this one is 339.99(online only), it'll be more than that again.

Sorry the bundle I mentioned with Reach, Lego Batman, Pure, RC Warthog and Controller is 299, they have another one with the Legendary edition is in store in Sligo for 339.

Sorry the bundle I mentioned with Reach, Lego Batman, Pure, RC Warthog and Controller is 299, they have another one with the Legendary edition is in store in Sligo for 339.

Didn't notice that one was with the legendary edition, that's a fairly good deal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭south

i got xbox 250gb with red dead redemption and €25 euro off FIFA 11 when it comes out in gamestop today for €260

south wrote: »
    i got xbox 250gb with red dead redemption and €25 euro off FIFA 11 when it comes out in gamestop today for €260

Was that an offer in store and how many controllers ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Crackity Jones

Was that an offer in store and how many controllers ?
    Yea that's instore offer and comes with one controller

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

I think I may have asked this before, but has anyone any idea what the trade-in value of a 20gb and 60gb 360 would be? Separately, not together!

50 quid in my local Gamestop for the 20GB Console, You would sell it for 120+ if you bundle with some old games and stick it on DoneDeal , Adverts could be a bit less.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pikeman

Am thinking of buying a Slim console this week as my old Xbox is now broken. A lot of people telling me I should go for the PS3 instead though-any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

I have both the Xbox 360 and PS3 slims. Out of the two I use the Xbox a lot more. Mainly because I like the Xbox controller, also Xbox Live is better imo. I think the €35 a year is well worth it.

I think both consoles have very good exclusives so you won't go wrong either way. If it was me though I'd go with the Xbox, but if you want bluray capability then go with the PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

Harvey normans 228 with new halo

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Pikeman

jamescd wrote: »
    I have both the Xbox 360 and PS3 slims. Out of the two I use the Xbox a lot more. Mainly because I like the Xbox controller, also Xbox Live is better imo. I think the €35 a year is well worth it.

I think both consoles have very good exclusives so you won't go wrong either way. If it was me though I'd go with the Xbox, but if you want bluray capability then go with the PS3.

Cheers-I'll probably stick with xbox alright, will try this weekend to find the best deal for a slim.

blahblah06 wrote: »
    Harvey normans 228 with new halo

I take it thats the 4GB console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I take it thats the 4GB console

nope 250 gb picked one up last weekend in blanch and got two today in dundalk for friends

• Advertisement
Advertisement