Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kinnity Castle

Options
  • 05-09-2010 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

Has anyone spent any time here and if so what was it like? me and my boyfriend are hoping to go away for a few nights and we were looking at both kinnity castle and farnham estate in cavan! any ideas???

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭Dusty87

The Lizard wrote: »
    Has anyone spent any time here and if so what was it like? me and my boyfriend are hoping to go away for a few nights and we were looking at both kinnity castle and farnham estate in cavan! any ideas???

Never been ther. A friend got engaged there and they were very nice. Flowers and champayne when the came back from the grounds and although he told the staff his plan, they never charged for either. Seem like a nice crowd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Is Kinnity Castle open? Their website says the bank has foreclosed on them. I thought that happened a while ago. Just wondering has it remained open and is it open at this time of year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭Storminateacup

Stayed there at a wedding about 4 years ago. My nerves. Were in tatters. Convinced myself it was haunted and adding in a lot of alcohol, wasnt good combination.

Having said that, its absolutely stunning.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 The Lizard

yeah its still open. you cant book through their website-i booked through pigsback.com.
    it is fab there though!

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Alibear

The restaurant, bar and spa are still open, but I don't believe you can book a room for the night anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Guys, My husband and I attended lots of weddings in Kinnitty between 2003 - 2005 and we have great memories of the Kinnitty and Birr area. Our wedding anniversary is coming up and I'd love to book the honeymoon suite in Kinnitty Castle. I was a bit taken back by some of the previous posts. Can someone advise me if Kinnitty Castle is still open and if it is still as good as I remember it?

Another place that we stayed in is Tullanisk House, is that still operating?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Contact them on Twitter or Facebook.

As far as I know, there's a new website this while back as the old websites were held contentiously by previous owners. Could be wrong but IIRC etc.

http://twitter.com/#!/kinnittycastle

Still a wedding venue so definitely overnights are possible. But they may only open on an event basis. I doubt it though. Once the banks are in, its a clean slate, they've nothing to lose and everything to gain by milking assets so they're open all day every day, for low prices. That's the NAMA effect on the hotel sector.

I would say to contact them and you'll be pleasantly surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi55

its open alright was on the grounds yesterday and it was open
    there was also a wedding fair in it last sunday

Advertisement