Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thesis theme for Wordpress

Options
  • 05-09-2010 3:47pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I've been hearing lots of good things about this "Thesis Theme" for wordpress. Have a look at their site: http://diythemes.com and the video etc. What do you guys think?

The standard skin is ugly as hell and I'm no css master so I'd want some good skins to go on top of it to get the benefit and a nice looking site too. Have not seen too many though

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

The Thesis theme is one of the best, if not the best theme for a WordPress 'blog that you'll even come across.
    It's a lovely simple design, very SEO friendly and has the customization options that put it head and neck above other themes like it.

If you're looking for fancy looks templates for WordPress, then Thesis is not your answer ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Zascar wrote: »

Yeah, I suppose :pac:

But I think whole point of Thesis is simplicity whilst doing all the important thing a 'blog should under the bonnet. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭site designer

I dont get it, its just an extremely bland theme for wordpress, except its 90 quid!

there's plenty of good looking free ones out there.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

It's not about the look its about the quality of the underlying code etc, the extra back end features and how customisable it is. Check out the skins for it, not always bland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭site designer

Zascar wrote: »
    It's not about the look its about the quality of the underlying code etc, the extra back end features and how customisable it is. Check out the skins for it, not always bland

The quality of the underlying code! come on your taking the piss, google how to create a wordpress theme, even if you dont understand it, you will see theres really not that much to it - you dont need to change the the core backend code of it at all.

All I can see it has extra is an admin interface to change elements of the design, and if your going to be using different skins for it, whats the point?

This is just something marketed cleverly to charge for something that was once free. dont buy into it.

Advertisement