Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

larger monitor for pda's

Options
  • 05-09-2010 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭

hey guys

i am wondering can i get a larger monitor for a pda . The pda is a hp which has a 4'' screen it will be used for gps guidence in a tractor but id like a bigger monitor for easier veiwing while driveing is there 12v monitors like used in vechical reverseing camers that can be used with pda's?

bk1991

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

well you know theres different types of HP pda's...a model would help...

first if your pda does support it you would need a tv out cable...

2nd your would need a monitor...their not cheap and it would only work for viewing it and not using as a touchscreen so even so you would have to look at your pda to change anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭bk1991

well you know theres different types of HP pda's...a model would help...

first if your pda does support it you would need a tv out cable...

2nd your would need a monitor...their not cheap and it would only work for viewing it and not using as a touchscreen so even so you would have to look at your pda to change anything...

i dono which modle it is . but i sopose there is very little point in haveing one and haveing to go to pda every time i need change anything .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

the best thing that comes to my mind is getting a cheap japanesse headunit with a screen. they go around for 200 euro on ebay their not great in terms of audio quality but they usually come with gps software on them or can be put on them...why do u need gps in a tractor though lol...

ive got a phone with 4.2" screen and its grands for gps...just fot a windsceen mount for it...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,091 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

If it could be done, the cost of the monitor a mounting bracket - which you might well have to cobble together yourself - and a cable would, likely not be far off that of a dedicated touch screen GPS.

I would say you would be better off just getting the right tool for the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Ye, i would say your best off just getting a large screen stand alone gps. Panasonic do i large one iirc, its quite a good one though so its not cheap

• Advertisement

yea i sopose yer right guys . i can get this pda with the sofware on it for guidence feild mapping etc . for 400€ for the real thing it costs 1500€

bk1991

bk1991 wrote: »
    yea i sopose yer right guys . i can get this pda with the sofware on it for guidence feild mapping etc . for 400€ for the real thing it costs 1500€

bk1991

Why is it so expensive?

Davy wrote: »
    Why is it so expensive?

dono . but thats a basic one at that you can get automatic steering ,auto controll of implement functions . but costs 2500€

look at this and ul see http://www.farmworks.ie/specials.html

bk1991

Ah its not just any auld gps then. The cheaper software you can get, can you get it for another phone? Even like an old nokia, pick up a cheap n95 (has gps, and a tv out cable) then get your screen and anyway you go?

Davy wrote: »
    Ah its not just any auld gps then. The cheaper software you can get, can you get it for another phone? Even like an old nokia, pick up a cheap n95 (has gps, and a tv out cable) then get your screen and anyway you go?

i dono i must ask . this is the one i was looking at on ebay . found out about it form a member of farming fourms uk who is selling them .
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GPS-Field-Navigation-Tractor-Fertiliser-Guidance-/230493262688?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_BOI_FarmingEquipment_RL&hash=item35aa781360

scroll down page to veiw.

what would be like a pda but with larger screen ?

also found this www.farmergps.com how would this work ,what could this be downloaded on other than laptop .

bk1991

• Advertisement
Advertisement