If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

32 inch tv - Dublin

Options
  • 05-09-2010 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I have the Denon receiver and Monitor speakers up and running - all working perfectly at last!

I have another request, this time for a TV. We are replacing the 32" CRT monster with a 32" LCD - but this is in a room that is rarely used. In fact the Yamaha receiver in there does not even support HDMI :eek: so, the question is:

What is the best deal you can do on a 32" TV for - ex-demo/display models will be fine. Does not have to be the latest and greatest either.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
    Sean

(edit: as per the subject, I would need this in Dublin)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Ashley

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Sean,

We do have the crackin 32PFL5405H Philips LCD on special at the moment for €499.99.

Have a look at it here - http://www.philipsshop.ie/fiveseries.htm

As this is already discounted by a good bit more than 10% so your Philips Shop Boards discount does not apply.

Please give me a buzz if you interested on (01) 474 0788.

Thanks a mil, Nicola.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Sean.

We have a TV coming in within the next 2 weeks which is a serious bargain.

The details on this TV can be found here : http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl3605_12/32pfl3605_12_pss_aen.pdf

It's a full 1080p 32" TV that will be coming in at £299.95 / €369.

There are others around this same price at the moment, but none of them come up to the spec of this one.

We also offer our usual 5 year Panel Protection cover on it at £29.95 / €36.99 and delivery would be £14.99.

We are taking orders on these as we expect this model to be a flyer, so let me know what you think and I can stick you on the list.

Cheers

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭scorn

Thanks Nicola and Dave for those suggestions.

I think the 32PFL5405H is a no-go (too expensive) but the €370 option is closer to the €300 budget that I had set, seeing as it's a TV that will rarely be used.

I'll have to give it some thought and get back to you shortly.

Hi Dave,

I was wondering if these 32" Philips are available yet? I've been looking around and I think you're right - they seem good value.

Thanks,
    Sean

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

scorn wrote: »
    Hi Dave,

I was wondering if these 32" Philips are available yet? I've been looking around and I think you're right - they seem good value.

Thanks,
    Sean

Scorn,

Apologies for the delay on the 32PFL3605 - I called Philips sales today personally to get an updated ETA - but I cannot screw an exact date out of them :mad:- they say last week September / 1st week October but cannot guarantee these dates..

If you like I'll pop a no obligation order up for you and give you a shout as soon as they arrive?

Hope the Denon/MA kit is going well - have you got it set up yet?

Keep me posted,

ATB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

John,

That would be ideal, thanks a million.

The Denon and MA have settled in very nicely thank you - even the better half is impressed (more for the fact that the speakers blend in very well, though secretly I think she's impressed with the sound too :P)

Hope to hear about those 32" tvs soon.

regards,
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frank11

I'm in the market for a 32" myself and like the look of this one. Keep me posted.

As an option what is the best price for a 32" with AmbiLight (the 42" 966 with the ambilight i got from you is stunning).

Cheers.
    Hi Sean.

We have a TV coming in within the next 2 weeks which is a serious bargain.

The details on this TV can be found here : http://download.p4c.philips.com/files/3/32pfl3605_12/32pfl3605_12_pss_aen.pdf

It's a full 1080p 32" TV that will be coming in at £299.95 / €369.

There are others around this same price at the moment, but none of them come up to the spec of this one.

We also offer our usual 5 year Panel Protection cover on it at £29.95 / €36.99 and delivery would be £14.99.

We are taking orders on these as we expect this model to be a flyer, so let me know what you think and I can stick you on the list.

Cheers

Dave

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Frank11,

Have a look at the 32pfl7605H - http://www.philipsshop.ie/sevenseries.htm

I've PM'd you a price on this. :D

Thanks, Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Frank11

Thanks for that. I would love this TV but as it is just for the bedroom i should be looking for soemthing cheaper. Even te 32" is a bit big for what i need.

What price could you do the 26PFL3405? or something similar.
    Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Frank11,

Have a look at the 32pfl7605H - http://www.philipsshop.ie/sevenseries.htm

I've PM'd you a price on this. :D

Thanks, Nicola

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jerry.lane18

Hi guys, what would that phillips be like for gaming??

• Advertisement

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey Jerry.Lane18,

I have a philips 7000 series with the 100Hz and I use it alot for gaming. And I mean ALOT. I have the XBOX 360 Arcade and the PS3 and have played Modern Warfare, Dragon Age Origins, Oblivion, Red Dead Redemption, FF13, N3 Ninenty Nine Nights 2 and lots more on it and its held its own in all of them. Details show up great for the likes of FF13 which has a huge amount of detail on the characters but also the enviroment however its a game that probably looks great on most TV's.

The likes of N3 has vast amounts of movement on the screen with hordes of enemies and lots of gore ( :D ) works the screen pretty hard but I've never noticed the screen suffer for it. Also Modern Warfare has huge detail and alot of movement going on and the TV has always done a great job of it.

All in all I'm happy as larry with my set and gotta say all my games have looked great on it, bar maybe my nostalgic purchase of FF7 which shows how awful games looked back in the day but still a great play tho. :P

I do use a very decent HDMI with both my consoles and I tweak the TV settings to the point where it borders on obsession but this TV will do your games justice.

Of course the higher spec 200Hz TV's will look better again but if price is a factor you won't be going wrong with the 32PFL7605.

Thanks a mil, Nicola. :D

I would have to second that.

100Hz is a must for gaming, but 200Hz would be nice. :)

Philips TV's are great for gaming.

ATB

Dave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 jerry.lane

Oh nice. Neglected to mention my budget, anything good under €400??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fififofum

Hi Dave, i would be interested in ordering one of those 32PFL3605 TV's when you get them in. Would i get a 10% boards discount on this if i buy in the Philips Store in Dublin?

Thanks

Fiona

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭M00lers

Lads,games are output at 60Hz usually, surely by selecting the 100Hz processing you're introducing extra lag?

Hi Fiona.

Unfortunately that price is from Belfast as the Philips Shop price may be different.

Unfortunately at that price, we can't do them any cheaper. Shipping would be £14.99

You could PM Ash to see what the Philips Shop price will be.

ATB

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 19 fififofum

Thanks Dave, have just PM'd Ashley. Will get back to you if their price is not as competitive, cheers.

After a few hijacks I thought I'd get back in here. ;)

I heard from someone that they got a Philips 32PFL5405, delivered to the republic for €420. I emailed John about it but have not heard back.

Dave (or John), if you're following this thread still, please can you check stock on this as I am keen to buy soon. This one seems to suit my requirements better (though at a little more cost).

Thanks,
    Sean

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 morgan0873

Hi John,

I'm getting a bit desperate for a TV at this stage, Dell is on it's last legs... Could you give me your comments on these 32" models below as an alternative to the Philips 32PFL3605. I presume you have no further ETA on these ?

Samsung LE32C530

Sony KDL32EX401

Thanks,

Morgan

Hi Morgan.

I have just spoken to Philips and they are saying that it's likely to be towards the end of October or start of November before they are likely to be with us.

We were expecting them much sooner than that. Must be on a slow boat. :(

The LE32C530 is available from our UK warehouse but I wouldn't recommend it over the Philips 32PFL5405 as the Philips is 100Hz and is just £30 more expensive.

Alternatively, the LG 32LD350 at £329.95 is also a good alternative over the Samsung for a TV that features much better sound.

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

• Advertisement

Edit: Sorry - just seen a PM from Dave...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭masterK

Can the 32pfl3605 play video from a USB memory stick? The spec just says it can play jpg images and mp3 music files.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Just wondering about this tv

LG 42LD450 42" Full 1080P HD LCD TV (LCD)

what price is best you could do on it and would it suit fine for ps3 use, and how easy has it been to fine tune?

Nicola on behalf of Ash:

Hey masterK,

I'll bring in a movie on usb from home after lunch and check it out for you. See how it looks. I'll let you know before 3pm.

Thanks, Nicola.

Hi Manafana.

The 42LD450 is currently £429.95 which is the best price that we can offer on it.

Instead of this though, I would suggest for £449.95, the Philips 42PFL5405 which is 100Hz over the 50Hz on the LG, is a much better buy, especially for gaming.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL5405H/05&slg=en&scy=GB

We are expecting these in towards the middle of next week.

Regards

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

Hi Manafana.

The 42LD450 is currently £429.95 which is the best price that we can offer on it.

Instead of this though, I would suggest for £449.95, the Philips 42PFL5405 which is 100Hz over the 50Hz on the LG, is a much better buy, especially for gaming.

http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbint/cpindex.pl?ctn=42PFL5405H/05&slg=en&scy=GB

We are expecting these in towards the middle of next week.

Regards

Dave

Dave i would be interested in the philips looking at the spec of the one their, what price are we then looking at in Euros and then delivery, can pm me when you get chance next week would suit.

Hi Dave,

Before the thread gets completely hijacked again - just wondering on the stock of the 32PFL5405 - you mentioned Tuesday (yesterday) so was wondering if I should call you yet with my CC details.

Thanks,
    Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭masalbeagdubh

Would the Philips 32" TV be good for watching sport. I have an old TV and was looking to change to a flatscreen. I have looked around the shops but not very impressed with the selection. All the shops `highly reccommend` whatever they need to get rid of in my opinion. What would the total cost be on these TV`s and are you taking orders for them?

Hi Masalbeagdubh

we are currently watching, sorry showing, the commonwealth games on the 5 series TV's at the moment.

They are handling the various sports grand - archery is on at the moment - no worries re movement there.

atb
    Ash

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 cumminsj

Hi Dave -

I too would be interested in one of those 42PFL5405H, also looking for a 32in TV for the spare room, that 32PFL3605/12 looks good too. Can you mail me with a price in Euro for both including delivery?

Thx.
    John.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.