Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TIPP IS MAGIC!

• 05-09-2010 5:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭

Couldn't resist this.......my poor heart is just settling down now....5.25pm.

J.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

At least get it right

Tipp ARE Magic !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,822 ✭✭✭Comhrá

There's only one Tipp so it's "is" (Singular)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Tipp North and Tipp South? Tipp are magic

Ok, Ok,..........whichever - we're the greatest!

(end of exuberant outbreak)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 864 ✭✭✭manna452121

Now for 5 in a row

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

well it depends if you are talking about the colective "tipp" or just the singular vehicle that is "tipp":D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

tippman1 wrote: »
    There's only one Tipp so it's "is" (Singular)

You are talking about a team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

Jumpy wrote: »

maybe he is talking about an idea:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

maybe he should take it to the Tipperary Forum

but congratulations anyway ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'll leave this open here for a day or two :)

It was a tremendous match to watch. Congrats to both teams for a great spectacle, and to Tipp for well-earned victory.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭JerryHandbag

I suppose we'll never hear the end of that Premier Rap now!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Jumpy wrote: »

Yes, he is talking about a team. Singular.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Mrmoe

Fair play to Tipp, one of the best all Ireland final I've seen in years

the colective "tipp" or just the singular vehicle

Hould on now......that's a bit complicated for a country lad like me to follow.....

maybe he should take it to the Tipperary Forum

Aisy now......I live in Limerick City since 1976.
    I know nothing about the crowd in Tipp's Forum.

Shur' there's lots of Tipp folks readin' this forum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

i think the post should be moved to tipp forum and believe the op should be moved to tipp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Liam Byrne wrote: »
    Yes, he is talking about a team. Singular.
    Waaay off topic, but would you say 'Limerick has a good chance to win' or 'Limerick have a good chance to win'?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

at the risk or looking or sounding stupid, the second one !:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

The Tipperary team won the match not the people of Tipp so "The Tipperary Team is/are(take your pick) great"

Newport was a bit crazy today. I watched the first half and then had to drive into town. At half time there was a cloud of smoke over newport as the hoardes packed outside the pubs gasping on their cigarettes. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

lol at the grammar nazis destroying the thread!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Is this "the match" that I should have apparently been watching? meh, I spent the day nursing a hangover and playing call of duty, I regret nothing :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

osarusan wrote: »
    Waaay off topic, but would you say 'Limerick has a good chance to win' or 'Limerick have a good chance to win'?

I'd say "Limerick has feck-all chance of winning!" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

As a tipp person myself, I hate being associated with hurling and that, and usually have no interest in this sorta thing. In fact I'd no idea there was even a final on yesterday until my dentist asked was I going :rolleyes:

But I inadvertently ended up watching most of this match. It was good to watch. Wish I had gone to the pub to enjoy it instead. It was funny to see how desperate kilkenny got :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

Berty wrote: »
    The Tipperary team won the match not the people of Tipp so "The Tipperary Team is/are(take your pick) great" ...
    So why did Eoin Kelly in his speech (as Gaeilge) choose to accept the Liam McCarthy Cup on behalf of the people (muintir) and team (foireann) of Tipperary?

It always amazes me that the fundamental difference between the GAA and other (professional) codes escapes most people. It is still thankfully the case that senior county teams, the pinnacle of representative Gaelic games, are from and of the people; they represent them and their sporting hopes and aspirations and are of and from them at school and parish / club level. Without the people there is no county team; without county teams, peoples' lives would be much the poorer without spectacles such as yesterday's and the celebrations to come.

So, Tipperary supporters (pural) support the Tipp team
    The Tipperary diaspora (singular, collective noun from the Greek for "scattering") supports the Tipp team
    The Tipp team is (singular, collective) the greatest county hurling team in Ireland today
    Da bhri sin, Tipp is Magic, as they say around Ballywilliam and Limerick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭MissHoneyBun

mathepac wrote: »
    So why did Eoin Kelly in his speech (as Gaeilge) choose to accept the Liam McCarthy Cup on behalf of the people (muintir) and team (foireann) of Tipperary?

Spot on, there's a lot more to winning a GAA match than the physical fifteen on the field -only non GAA heads need this explained anyway.. Seriously though, I had the misfortune pleasure of sharing the last train from Dublin with half of Tipp last night -good luck telling them the win wasn't a whole county effort! "Tipp ayrrrre maaaahhjick!" or so they were sayin around Clonliffe all yesterday evening anyway! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Beating the seemingly unbeatable is always good in any code.

I hope Tipperary people based in Limerick City enjoyed it. I certainly did as a neutral. Was one of my favourite hurling finals to be honest - very intense.

Most championships have exciting knockout games earlier and the final is an anticlimax. This was the opposite.

Advertisement