Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest offy??

• 05-09-2010 5:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭

hey guys and gals. where would you guys say is the cheapest off license in the city??

i was thinking maybe Tesco but im new to the place so if there is a small offy somewhere hidden that i dont know about id be much abliged:)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'd say tesco tbh.

Couldn't imagine many even coming close.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Icky Thump

ziedth wrote: »
    I'd say tesco tbh.

Couldn't imagine many even coming close.

i suppose that'll have to do. probably best in the long run since its next door:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Madigans is as cheap as chips,or next door down the Glen has good deals,same as next door Lismore Park,or the next door in Ferrybank is cheap too,but Tesco would be the best i got 15 440ml cans of fosters in their for €15 last week dont know if its still there though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,625 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Depends what your buying, you can check the prices on tesco.ie. Offers on bear can change every 7 days.other offers every 3 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭Groinshot

Dunnes in city square is cheap too if I remember correctly. Most next door offy's are cheap enough, but it's just a case of watching eals. 20 quid for a crate of stella in tesco is a regular one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭angelfalling

If you can be happy to be non-brands we buy our spirits and some beer at Lidl and Aldi for nearly half the price (rum is 11 euro as opposed to bacardi at 18 euro) and I don't notice a bit difference in taste.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Tesco's had a deal awhile ago I think it was 10 bottles of Bavaria for 1.20 needs to say I know a few people got A LOT of drink :p

I usually just go to the one in ballybricken though.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Paulie22

You have to try Madigans at least once though, for the laugh! The old man working in there is such a character. If it's a cold night he might even give you his legendary line : "It's a night for the fire" :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭Chris P. Bacon

Paulie22 wrote: »
    You have to try Madigans at least once though, for the laugh! The old man working in there is such a character. If it's a cold night he might even give you his legendary line : "It's a night for the fire" :D

And he'll wrap your cans in newspaper,where else would you get that!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

If you can be happy to be non-brands we buy our spirits and some beer at Lidl and Aldi for nearly half the price (rum is 11 euro as opposed to bacardi at 18 euro) and I don't notice a bit difference in taste.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Typhoon. wrote: »
    +1

+2 and plenty of choice if your adventerous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

Londis on the Dunmore road have some very good Off Licence Offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

Paulie22 wrote: »

yea that's tommy madigan.

delivered there a few times he's odd as fcuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Dum_Dum

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Shalashaska

Dum_Dum wrote: »

I think Lidl/Aldi are great for the odd deal on their drink. I am a particular fan of their German beers like Perlenbacher (6 for €6.50) and Franziskaner (€1.49 a bottle). Having said that, most retailers across the town are starting to offer the many deals that have been discussed already in this topic. So, as they say, shop around icon12.gif.

Advertisement