Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo for a .223

Options
  • 05-09-2010 5:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hello all,
    i am looking for advive on ammo for a CZ.223 rifle,i am only new to this rifle and have only shot American eagle 50gr through it,they are ok but i find the grouping is not great,what i would like to know is...what other kind of ammo can be used in this rifle and what is best for it...any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Martin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

All rifle makes and twist rates like to feed on different brands and grainage etc. However, most lads including myself like how hornady works. Next best thing to handloads and a good selection of bullets to choose from such as soft point, ballistic tip, hollow and so on. Try plenty of different ones to get to know your rifle better. BTW which cz you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Martinobrien

its the CZ 527 Deluxe

• Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Probably 1/12 twist so anything from 40-55 grain should shoot well in it. Just try different brands and stick with whatever you get the best groups with. Mine hates them remmy umc. Shoots anything else reasonably well though.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Thomasofmel

My CZ527 (.223) Varmint likes hornady 50g :D shoots good groups with them ;)

Hi and thanks for the replies,i have only got these american eagles 50g and i tried remmington 55g which were not that bad,thats about all i can get here,so are there many other gun shops that i can get some hornady 50g to try,i rang lucan gun shop and rod and gun but they told me they dont stock them,so lads what prices are they...

Martin.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

Hi and thanks for the replies,i have only got these american eagles 50g and i tried remmington 55g which were not that bad,thats about all i can get here,so are there many other gun shops that i can get some hornady 50g to try,i rang lucan gun shop and rod and gun but they told me they dont stock them,so lads what prices are they...

Martin.

€27 for 55grain Hornady .223

any idea,s where i could get hold of these near Dublin or Louth

any idea,s where i could get hold of these near Dublin or Louth

This guy I discovered looking for something else, seems good Value

http://www.carlowcountrysports.com/products.php?cat_id=17

Maybe some one can give a review?

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭tonysopprano

Sports Den in Navan has a good stock and will get you whatever you need.

Approx prices are ,

American Eagle 55gr @ €12 per box of 20
    Remmington UMC 55gr @ €15
    Hornady 75gr Match @ €27 (but may be too heavy for your twist rate)

If you can do the job, do it. If you can't do the job, just teach it. If you really suck at it, just become a union executive or politician.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

None of my CZ's have ever liked Rem ammo.

AS for hornady B.T. ammo Mc Carthy's in prosporus in kildare has them for €28 per 20.

Federal V shok also well worth a go.

My CZ Varmint wont chamber lupua 55gr. S.P. as their to long.

• Advertisement

Thanks lads for the replys,i think i will have a go at federal 55g and the hornady,do the hornady come in 50 or 55g.

Thanks lads for the replys,i think i will have a go at federal 55g and the hornady,do the hornady come in 50 or 55g.

http://www.hornady.com/store/searchammo.php?main_cat=249&mode=search&categoryid[]=256&categoryid[]=280&categoryid[]=&x=26&y=6

55grain is my personal fav

Advertisement