Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

American Visa

Options
  • 05-09-2010 6:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11

Hello

Myself and my girlfriend have decided to potentially move to a small hippy communie in Arizona.We have had enough of domesticity and decided this is the best way for us to live. Each to their own and all that jazz !

Anyway in regards to getting into America ? Probably not a hope of getting a greencard,as we will be working for food and board at the commune so its not really a job.

Myself and my son are Irish but my girlfriend is Chinese which will cause visa issues im sure.We are really looking for any alternative suggestions on how we could stay long term in the states ? Anything at all,no matter how outrageous !

Peace guys and thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭lonestargirl

Your only option is applying for the greencard lottery, should open soon for 2012. If you win your girlfriend will only be able to come with you if she becomes your wife. I know it's harsh but the US is not open to unskilled migration at all (I know from your plan that you wouldn't be a drain on resources - but a visa for your situation doesn't exist).

Advertisement