Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

`H264 video decoder with GPU acceleration

Options
  • 05-09-2010 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭

Ok, hope this doesnt sound dumb, but im using a DVB S card in my media PC. Ive a ASUS 3450 HDMI 512mb video card in it. Is there a H264 video decoder that i can run in DVB ALT (DVB S viewing software) to allow hardware acceleration (Use the GPU instead of the CPU)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,619 ✭✭✭Bob_Harris

Have a look here

Summary:
    ffdshow tryouts
    MS DTV Video Decoder
    Divx H.264 decoder
    CyberLink H.264 decoder

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Thanks mate, ill take a look. I seem to have mpeg 2 decoding done on GPU via a nvidia mpeg 2 codec (CPU is running at 2% when i watch mpeg 2 dvb s, instead of 12-17% with other codecs) I had ATI codecs at one point showing up, but after a firmware upgrade for the card they seem to have dissapeared!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

The first thing I would do is make sure you have installed the latest ATI CCC Drivers. including the ATI Avivo package

Note that the decoder related apects of the package (ATI Avivo) is an optional part of the Catalyst Control Center install so make sure that you do a custom install and that you select this option.

It could be that you had a full install previously but that a subsequent install of just of the Core CCC components meant you lost the HD codecs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

marco_polo wrote: »
    The first thing I would do is make sure you have installed the latest ATI CCC Drivers. including the ATI Avivo package

Note that the decoder related apects of the package (ATI Avivo) is an optional part of the Catalyst Control Center install so make sure that you do a custom install and that you select this option.

It could be that you had a full install previously but that a subsequent install of just of the Core CCC components meant you lost the HD codecs.

Great advice, i'll take a look, I imagine i will get that off the Asus website?

Ive made a little headway with the ffdshow tryouts, not 100% perfect but nearly there!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

• Advertisement
Advertisement