Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

best time for france ?

• 05-09-2010 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

just back from this years trip to France and while we did enjoy the trip is was very busy in august,it took over to hour to get out of the car park and down the causeway of the Mont San Michele and we got stuck in the mother of all traffic jams trying to get over the bridge in bordeaux,an other day we just could not get on to an aries in the area we wanted to say

in spite of the above we had a lovely time met some nice people and stayed in some lovely places some free with took up and wifi

as i have one of those job that you have to book time off well in advance what do you guys think is the best time to go to france we like it lively and with a good chance of some fine weather

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

We have gone for the last four years. End of July into beginning of August. Getting as far down as Bordeaux and back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

We did the first few weeks in July this year(our only year so far!!)
    Had no problems like you mention...and had cracking weather.
    It was getting noticeably busier from mid July onwards...i always was under the impression that France was to be avoided in August as all the French take the month off!!
    Marty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Seaswimmer

We have done france many times in our camper but generally always early in July. when we have gone in august we have stayed away from the coastal regions and that is generally quieter. Over the last number of years we have started going through UK and into eastern france/germany via Calais. If you want to get away from irish/british holidaymakers (nothing wrong with either by the way) I would suggest Germany or eastern france for a different type of camper holiday..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

thanks for the replies,i think we will try mid/late July next year,in the mean time i think i fancy a change in motorhome to i nice a class ,just need to sell the 630,....anyone fancy it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭niloc1951

Hi.killalanerr,
    In Frejus at the moment, weather lovely(mid 20's), no crowds, traffic gone (no jams) prices down, (€11-15 with ACSI Card).
    Foe us, after years of high season with children, Sept/ Oct id mow the best, particularly if heading for the Med.

Wish you were here :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement