Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where were you on September 11th 2001?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

In school. Teachers kept schtum.

Then I got onto the bus and heard a frantic american voice on the radio (was sitting right behind the driver) saying something about "And then I saw a plume of smoke coming out of the building and I new it was bad"

My first reaction was "Bloody Americans have to over dramatise everything PSHAW" then I kinda thought "Hmm.... Plume of smoke out of a building and it's on our news...??"

Then I got home and saw the telly and went "Oh. Ok."

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

Bump.

gal_windows.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

on a plane to toronto,didn't find out until i landed,scary time to land in an airport

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭onlyrocknroll

Well, I don't have an alibi or anything, if that's what you're getting at/ :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭Decuc500

pmcmahon wrote: »
    on a plane to toronto,didn't find out until i landed,scary time to land in an airport

I was in Toronto watching a very early movie at the Toronto film festival. The film started at 9:00 am! When it was over we got the subway out to our hotel. It was packed with everyone leaving the city. Toronto basically shut down for a few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Berlin Zoo looking for the penguins!! Couldnt find the fookers

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭BUBBLES1978

upstairs in my mothers house heavily pregnant, watching the tele, her sitting room floors were being varnished so the smell was making me feel sick, heard the lad doing the floors let a "jesus ****ing christ" out of him so waddled down stairs to see it all unfold on the tele

unreal.........!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭brian1991

There are a few documentaries about 9/11 on tonight:

Hotel 9/11 starts at 8 o' clock on the History Channel
    102 Minutes that Changed America starts at 9 o' clock on the same channel, and then it's
    9/11 in Memoriam at 23:15, also on the History Channel

More 4 are showing a few documentaries tonight as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Asphyxia

I was also in school, didn't know anything about it till I came home... I remember my father being on the phone to my cousins over there and finding out two of relations died, they were firefighters and after going in to one of the towers it suddenly collapsed on top of them. Three of my other cousins were with the New York Police Department and they were there securing the area well trying to anyway there was so much chaos and the ash falling was so ridiculous they couldn't see anything.

I distinctly remember them telling me when they visited a couple of years later that they couldn't go too near the building in case the people jumping from the towers crushed them. Such a horrible day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭pebbles21

Was living in Ballymun at the time,someone told me that two planes crashed into the Towers

I said I didn't give a $hite, cos i drank in in the Penthouse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 D-K

Came home from primary school, walked in the door and it was on sky news! When the second plane hit i thought it was just a replay of the first plane!

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Wood

Was working in BodyShock at the time had just finished piercing someone and a lad came running rdown the stairs shouted "America is after blowing up".

Went across to the music centre and watched it there for a few minutes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Was in 4th year in school - In a double english from what i can remember :D

• Registered Users Posts: 39 thomas353

i was with my ex girlfriend, the blood runs deep

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Where were you on August 15th 1998?

Coming back from Scout camp in Cong, Mayo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

My ex told me at work, I thought it was only a small plane like a Cesena, when she explained first , then she mentioned something about a 757. I dropped, then she phoned me a half an hour later telling me that another one hit the towers. I took the rest of the afternoon off to watch developments..

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭JOCookie

Coming home from Galway on the Bus listening to the news on the radio.

thomas353 wrote: »
    i was with my ex girlfriend, the blood runs deep
    the blood runs deep because she is now my ex, nowt to do with 9/11

• Registered Users Posts: 4,986 ✭✭✭Red Hand

Painting the doors in my mother's house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I was in school. I think the first plane struck during my history class in which we were learning about Christopher Columbus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭piby

In second year of secondary school. Was in maths class when I first heard rumours of what had happened but didn't find out full story until I got home and turned on Sky News.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,751 ✭✭✭Saila

bluewolf wrote: »
    I can just about remember, but why would anyone care? Does anyone care where I was on the 10th of September? :confused:

it was a day which more or less changed the modern world or reshaped it. there have been 2 and getting on for a turd wars based on the events of that day. It was an absolutely shocking day which most who are old enough [and blessed with empathy] will remember clear as day.

I was at home watching TV and my mam came in and told me about it, cue glued to sky news in horror for the next 1hr 30 :(
    and my brother had just got out of a mental hospital after a short stay after a breakdown, it was really tough on him.

<snip>
    Mod note: In future outbursts like this will be met with a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭ConmanTheKiller

I was in 5th class at the time. For some reason we had a half-day and my dad was collecting me. On the way home I heard about the first plane on the radio. I got home about 10 minutes before the second hit, so I saw it live on television.

My aunt was over in New York at the time and I remember my Mam being worried until she finally got through to her 5 hours later.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

tomas please turn off the caps.

sorry about my caps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

i was just going back to work after lunch, i was standing in Flynns of Moate hardware at the time of the first reports and i went into the Auld Sheebeen next door to look at the tv

• Closed Accounts Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Carl Sagan

thomas353 wrote: »
    the blood runs deep because she is now my ex, nowt to do with 9/11

No one asked why.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

I was living in Melbourne, when I was told the Twin Towers had come down I thought they were talking about the ones in Kuala Lumpur

• Advertisement

Carl Sagan wrote: »
    No one asked why.
    my mate asked why, if you were here you would know that, i think thats just you being pedantic.

Advertisement