Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wither Greystones Chamber of Commerce?

Options
  • 05-09-2010 6:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭

What has happened to Galway Chamber of Commerce? Tried their website yesterday and got an error message here: http://www.greystoneschamber.ie/content.asp?contentid=372

I wanted to contact them about the poor state of their tourist signage which greets visitors outside the railway station. Apart from the state of the sign - see pic - the commercially produced poster (Condor Publishers Ireland) extolling the virtues of County Wicklow is littered with spelling and factual errors. How typical of the slipshod approach taken by those responsible for promoting our 'so-called' tourist industry. It wouldn't be quite so bad but if memory serves me right the same poster full of errors was in position two years ago.

greystones001.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

What has happened to Galway Chamber of Commerce? Tried their website yesterday and got an error message here: http://www.greystoneschamber.ie/content.asp?contentid=372

I wanted to contact them about the poor state of their tourist signage which greets visitors outside the railway station. Apart from the state of the sign - see pic - the commercially produced poster (Condor Publishers Ireland) extolling the virtues of County Wicklow is littered with spelling and factual errors. How typical of the slipshod approach taken by those responsible for promoting our 'so-called' tourist industry. It wouldn't be quite so bad but if memory serves me right the same poster full of errors was in position two years ago.

greystones001.jpg

It's quite easy to be slipshod, wouldn't you agree?

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

It's quite easy to be slipshod, wouldn't you agree?

I assumed it was a test.

But I agree with OP - that sign is borderline embarrassing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Nice one folks - my mind must have been somewhere else altogether but at least I wasn't paid for my post. Any chance that you could point me to the Chamber of Commerce - when you get over your hilarity? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Name: Greystones Chamber Of Commerce
    Address: Delgany Wicklow
    Category: Chambers Of Commerce
    Phone: (01)2016584

from localpages.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Name: Greystones Chamber Of Commerce
    Address: Delgany Wicklow
    Category: Chambers Of Commerce
    Phone: (01)2016584

from localpages.ie

9/10/2010 rang again.....

"Sorry we can't answer your call now. Please leave your message after the beep." No reference even to what number you have got through to. Very professional. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement