Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Olympia Dublin - 02/03/04 Dec 2010 - All discussion no tickets/swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Get yerself some Saturday tickets while they're hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Just got 2 standing for Saturday. Arcade Fire on Sunday :)

I was going up for the weekend anyway for AF, so it was only the Saturday I was interested in & got them easy enough. Just kept refreshing until the date appeared and went straight in & got them. The Friday seemed easy enough too but I tried Thursday when I was waiting & that was gone at 9:01. Unreal.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I have Peter Kay that Saturday so glad i got the ones for Thursday gimme bit of a gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

finally!

just got 3 standing tickets for the saturday

woo fVcking hoo!

can't believe how fast these are going

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

I have Peter Kay that Saturday so glad i got the ones for Thursday gimme bit of a gap.

Interpol Tuesday and Wednesday, The National Friday and Saturday and Arcade Fire on Sunday. That is a ****ing solid week of gigs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Managed to get 2 for upper circle for friday after 15 minutes on 3 different browsers. I am a happy man :D

Managed to get 2 for upper circle for friday after 15 minutes on 3 different browsers. I am a happy man :D

Thats insane :p

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭tonto2010

Same situation here, been trying to get standing since 9, managed to get 4 circle tickets for Sat. Must have been only about 10 standing for each night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

i'm going to use toutless to to swap for two interpol standing tickets for tuesday??

missed it

tonto2010 wrote: »
    Same situation here, been trying to get standing since 9, managed to get 4 circle tickets for Sat. Must have been only about 10 standing for each night!

I hope theres only ten standing haha last time i got standing tickets at Florence had loada young ones trying nudge me out way cause couldnt see lol. Not my fault there all so small :p

• Advertisement

I hope theres only ten standing haha last time i got standing tickets at Florence had loada young ones trying nudge me out way cause couldnt see lol. Not my fault there all so small :p

I only managed to get Upper Circle tickets for Flo but I didn't mind because it was such a great gig. Maybe I was better off in the seated section.

What's the story with standing in the Olympia? Do the seats on the ground floor come out?

JJ wrote: »
    I only managed to get Upper Circle tickets for Flo but I didn't mind because it was such a great gig. Maybe I was better off in the seated section.
    Standing was grand just most the young ones decided ahh id rather arse round the jacks for half hour then get a place. **** if i was gonna let them go in front of me lol :p
    Anyway lookin forward to this now me mate will be in great humour when he wakes up sees i got him a ticket haha

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    What's the story with standing in the Olympia? Do the seats on the ground floor come out?

Anytime i stood there was no seats be madness if there were seats .

Anytime i stood there was no seats be madness if there were seats .

Cool. That's what I presumed.
    Only been there a couple of times for comedy when it was all seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Absolutely fcuking gutted, had 2 tickets for the circle on Saturday, had 4 minutes left on the timer when I finished filling in the billing details, and then it took me to a 'you exceeded your time limit' page. FCUUUUUUUUK!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

Interpol Tuesday and Wednesday, The National Friday and Saturday and Arcade Fire on Sunday. That is a ****ing solid week of gigs.

How about this:

Wednesday 1st - interpol
    saturday 4th - the national
    Sunday 5th - arcade fire
    wednesday 8th - two door cinema club
    Thursday 9th - the pogues
    Sunday 12th - the frames

The first two weeks of december are mental, seriously.

eZe^ wrote: »
    Absolutely fcuking gutted, had 2 tickets for the circle on Saturday, had 4 minutes left on the timer when I finished filling in the billing details, and then it took me to a 'you exceeded your time limit' page. FCUUUUUUUUK!

You need to enter your card details on your TM account, then you fly through the order form. The Visa verify form was nerve racking the first time I did that but I'm used to that by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Damian Duffy

nm wrote: »
    How about this:

Wednesday 1st - interpol
    Sunday 5th - arcade fire
    Sunday 12th - the frames

Yeh I know, I'm also going to Black Rebel Motorcycle Club. All my favourite bands in short space of time. Can't wait. I like your line up except The Frames, I really really really hate The Frames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 sd2002

Had a feeling this would sell out mad fast!

Was up all night worrying but managed to get 2 standing for Thurs! Very :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

JJ wrote: »
    You need to enter your card details on your TM account, then you fly through the order form. The Visa verify form was nerve racking the first time I did that but I'm used to that by now.

But everything on the page was filled out, and I still had 4 minutes left on the timer, yet I got the time limit page. Joke to be honest. Off to the touts I go I guess... :(

You could also try toutless.com.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Today's Friday?

Whoops - no National for me.

nm wrote: »
    How about this:

Wednesday 1st - interpol
    Sunday 5th - arcade fire
    Sunday 12th - the frames

Godspeed You Black Emperor are playing on the 10th. Belle and Sebastian are on too earlier in the month.

Now if only Menomena would stop over too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

so the National have pretty much sold 5000 tkts there...(meself n the lads got tkts for Friday thankfully)

i'm delighted to be able to see them in the olympia...but as a tour manager, isn't that a bit of a pain in the hole to have the band there for 3 nights in a row rather than having a venue with a 5000 (ish) capacity or something? Having them work a bit less is always good for longevity I imagine.

I dunno though, just a thought really...

don't think there's any venue like that really is there apart from the RDS maybe? Not sure what the capacity is there, but I am sure I'd rather be shat on than go to another gig there.

My apologies for once again using Boards to think out loud :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Totally forgot this was going on sale today, really wanted to go too. I see some enterprising chap is already selling tickets on ebay for €80 each. Absolute joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭PWEI

Getting tickets for popular artists in Ireland is a tough old game, the difficulty is compounded when the artist is flavor of the month as well. I'm sure you'll get it sorted.

Dublin is crying out for a venue with a capacity of about four to five thousand like Brixton Academy. You have so many artists playing here who are too big for the Olympia but not big enough for the O2. Then there are the bands that don't want to play a big arena like the O2 that are also too big for the Olympia.

i'm delighted to be able to see them in the olympia...but as a tour manager, isn't that a bit of a pain in the hole to have the band there for 3 nights in a row rather than having a venue with a 5000 (ish) capacity or something? Having them work a bit less is always good for longevity I imagine.

Tour managers and bands love when they have a few nights in the one venue. They get to sleep in hotels instead of on the tour bus, they don't have to travel - it's much more relaxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Denalihighway

Tour managers and bands love when they have a few nights in the one venue. They get to sleep in hotels instead of on the tour bus, they don't have to travel - it's much more relaxing.

yeah fair point, I can understand that from the band point of view certainly

but I wonder would the cut-throats at the label see it that way? since they could be doing more shows in more countries had we a suitable venue for 5000...not that i'm worried about what they think...just musing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭homerun_homer

Got me 4 tickets for the Friday. Happy out.

Advertisement