Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Olympia Dublin - 02/03/04 Dec 2010 - All discussion no tickets/swaps.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Two bands, each with a "Top 5" album of the year? Sounds like we are gonna be spoiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭PB1982

I'm aware of the charter rules so this is not an advert for a ticket swap but I'm wondering if anybody could recommend somewhere to post an advert to swap tickets? Somewhere people have had success in the past?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

PB1982 wrote: »
    I'm aware of the charter rules so this is not an advert for a ticket swap but I'm wondering if anybody could recommend somewhere to post an advert to swap tickets? Somewhere people have had success in the past?

Try Toutless.
    Here's the 'The National' thread on there:
    http://toutless.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=9469&sid=d966027b78e43929bc44298a701f06b5

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭RJunior

Anyone any idea what time National are likely to come on stage? I was thinking Doors at 7, Support at 8, National at 9. Girlfriend is going to be in rush to make it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,361 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Anyone get a ticket to Other Voices down in Dingle? Would love to see them there but tickets as usual were near impossible to get. :(

Also I'm now regretting selling my ticket for the 4th. It's going to be whopper.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Codswallop

RJunior wrote: »
    Anyone any idea what time National are likely to come on stage? I was thinking Doors at 7, Support at 8, National at 9. Girlfriend is going to be in rush to make it in.

would like to know this aswell, have friday tickets and somehow thought until today that I had saturday tickets, retarded or what. So it'd be a mad dash on Friday. Can't wait though. Should be great.

Threw a ticket swap post up on toutless today for Sat tickets instead, so hopefully someone bites between now and then!

monkey9 wrote: »
    Phosphorescent are the support act for the three nights.

Recommend a good tune?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

I hope the snow stops cos I'm driving from Cork to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭deeks

I hope the snow stops cos I'm driving from Cork to see them.

Travelling from Waterford on Friday and planning on taking the train at this stage. Hope the weather eases up a bit because I've been looking forward to this for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

8-10 wrote: »
    Anyone get a ticket to Other Voices down in Dingle? Would love to see them there but tickets as usual were near impossible to get. :(

didnt get one but a few pubs around the church will be streaming all the gigs live.thats wot im gonna do and if u wanna meet em after...its easy,theres only one enterance so ur bound to "bump" into them lol :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I noticed on Pitchfork that the band are playing London tonight. Will they be able to make it to Dublin in time for tomorrow's show?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

I noticed on Pitchfork that the band are playing London tonight. Will they be able to make it to Dublin in time for tomorrow's show?

Don't jinx it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

That's what I was thinking too...
    Please don't let this be gig casualty no 2 this week...

http://www.rte.ie/news/2010/1202/dublin_airport_weather.html

Dublin Airport has reopened after the runway was closed last night following the heavy snowfall.
    The airport will be fully operational this morning following extensive snow and ice clearance of the main runway, taxiways and apron area.
    However, the Dublin Airport Authority has asked passengers to consult their airline's website before making their way to the airport.
    Airports in Cork, Kerry and Shannon are operating as normal, with minimal disruption at Belfast's two airports.

Snowfall grounds Gatwick flights
    All flights at Gatwick Airport have been cancelled until 1000 GMT on Thursday after snow and ice forced the closure of the runway.
    A spokeswoman for the airport said flights would not resume until 1000 GMT on Thursday at the earliest

Heathrow
    Heathrow is open and most flights are operating. Some airlines are experiencing cancellations or delays today due to snow disruption at other airports.

Stansted
    Stansted Airport is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

From the mcd website, looks like all is well for tonight

The National have sold out all three Dublin dates on their December visit.

7PM Doors
    8PM Phosphorescent
    9PM The National
    *times subject to change

The National dates

Thursday 2nd December: Sold Out

Friday 3rd Sold Out

Saturday 4th Sold Out

Box Office just said it's going ahead as planned.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭twilightsection

I find this hard to believe. Dublin airport has been closed for a few hours. If the gig goes ahead we will have an awful sound mix to look forward to. How will they be able to set up and do a proper sound check in such a short space of time. Zero updates from ticketmaster and from MCD. Its shambolic. My sister is travelling from Portlaoise to go this gig and has not been able to contact the box office for clarification on this matter. Does anyone know for 100% if the show is going ahead? Thanks.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 120 ✭✭ludermor

Was at them last night in Brixton and they were class, lived up to all expectations.
    The night before there was a problems with the speakers near the end of the show so they played the last few songs unplugged and it was supposed to be fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

I find this hard to believe. Dublin airport has been closed for a few hours. If the gig goes ahead we will have an awful sound mix to look forward to. How will they be able to set up and do a proper sound check in such a short space of time. Zero updates from ticketmaster and from MCD. Its shambolic. My sister is travelling from Portlaoise to go this gig and has not been able to contact the box office for clarification on this matter. Does anyone know for 100% if the show is going ahead? Thanks.

Supposedly they took the ferry and didn't fly. Source is just some guy on another forum so please take with a pinch of salt.

The lack of updates is a disgrace and no one seems to be contactable to find out what is happening.

Opr

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Pfff it's on twitter from mcd that it's going ahead, same for xavier rudd too.

info's out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Don't use twitter much. Good stuff, The Drums was a great warm up last night. Great gig and man the lead singer had some energy on stage.

Opr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Updates on the Olympia Theatre facebook page as well that it is going ahead as planned.

Looking forward to it, only a matter of hours away :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

Just a word of warning, they're trying to get the band in through Shannon, so not 100% certain about the show yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭twilightsection

lordgoat wrote: »
    Pfff it's on twitter from mcd that it's going ahead, same for xavier rudd too.

info's out there.

I don’t use twitter much and MCD’s updates are generic to say the least.
    They haven’t even addressed the snow issue and have done very little to inspire confidence over the last few days.
    Their information has hardly been “out there” that much since I had to come onto boards.ie to find out from National fans.

Honestly, it's an impeccable source.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Hippo wrote: »
    Just a word of warning, they're trying to get the band in through Shannon, so not 100% certain about the show yet.
    Honestly, it's an impeccable source.

The band would be on a tour bus coming from the UK with all their gear. If they're flying over what will happen to all their backline?

MCD have confirmed the gigs are happening so I would presume the band are here by now. I think your 'source' might be pulling your leg.

The band would be on a tour bus coming from the UK with all their gear. If they're flying over what will happen to all their backline?

MCD have confirmed the gigs are happening so I would presume the band are here by now. I think your 'source' might be pulling your leg.

Best of luck there.

Best of luck there.

?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

so we're on

Who ese is braving the conditions for what promises to be an amzazing gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

Like Hippo said, apparently the band had to fly to Shannon. The tour crew took a earlier flight to Dublin and they and the band's gear made it to Dublin this morning, despite a minimal delay.

• Advertisement

Like Hippo said, apparently the band had to fly to Shannon. The tour crew took a earlier flight to Dublin and they and the band's gear made it to Dublin this morning, despite a minimal delay.

Roads must be as bad in the UK as here so.

Apologies to Hippo then - presumed they were here since MCD were so adamant.

Advertisement