Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Olympia Dublin - 02/03/04 Dec 2010 - All discussion no tickets/swaps.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Hippo wrote: »
    Best of luck there.

Less of the attitude ok?

If you want people to take you seriously lose the 'impeccable source' crap. Either say how you know or don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭deeks

Travelling up by train in the morning for tomorrow nights gig. Can't wait at this stage. Delighted to see that the band and their gear have made it here safely for tonight. Was pretty worried about it earlier when I saw all the airport closures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭Hippo

lordgoat wrote: »
    Less of the attitude ok?

If you want people to take you seriously lose the 'impeccable source' crap. Either say how you know or don't.

Nothing crap about it. I couldn't identify the source. Just trying to help, especially as people were assuming it was definitely on. No offence like. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Sivski

About to go over to the Olympia. So bloody excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,138 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anyone know if any of their gigs will be broadcast on any of the radio stations?
    Can someone post a setlist please?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭deeks

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Just back from tonights gig. Bit of a late start due to the weather but worth the wait.

Got a pair of pit wrist bands as soon as we walked in the door due to so many showing up late due to the weather. I had my arm trampled on when Matt climbed into the crowd and he handed herself his bottle of wine at the end so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭KJF

Look away now if you're attending Friday or Saturday's gig.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 WIMBOT

tnx for posting video KJF couldn't fight the temptation of watching that vid!
    It's ok though I already knew that was coming ;)

Cannot wait to see them Saturday.

Can some be so good and suggest what time I should be at the olympia if I want to get into the pit?

Thnks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

KJF wrote: »
    Look away now if you're attending Friday or Saturday's gig.

Jesus with all the bad weather did they forget to bring microphones with them? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Shoota

Gig was AMAZING!!!!! IF they'd played Karen it would have been perfect, personaly, but that would mean I wouldnt want to see them agagin, gig of the year for me :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 22 WIMBOT

they didn't by any chance play secret meeting in the encore did they?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

What a class gig, really enjoyed it. Worth walking in that weather for, and nearly getting stood on by Matt :pac: Would love to be going to the next two nights, anyone attending is in for a treat :)

One of the few vids I took from tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Killme00

Man that was class :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Sútalún

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-national/2010/olympia-theatre-dublin-ireland-1bd2a164.html

Thats the setlist.. Cant wait for sat! Hopeing for about today, yet to see it live! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Raco316

anyone know who supported?cheers

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Very good gig, played the vast majority of the new album.
    Highlight's are still Able and Leeeeeet - Up!!! though And the ending pretty special.

Would have loved Geese of Bev Road - maybe sat night...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Hoping for Green Gloves for Saturday!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 mooseloose

Phosphorescent were the support. They weren't too bad but The National ****ing rocked. They were late coming on as they were diverted to Shannon and had to bus it to Dublin. They said they stepped of the bus and went straight onstage.
    ML.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Good gig enjoyed most it. First time seen them didnt know to much bout them but they are great live. Listening to there albums kinda didnt know what to think...

Weather was bollox took me bout six hours of buses half a luas journay walking and taxis and i only live in Rathcoole!!.
    And to top it off some midget couple infront of me decided to bury them selfs right into me for the whole gig. I was standing right in front of the metal barrier that separates the crowd in front the bars.
    Back was bent over it for the whole gig :mad: i was even told could i move back a bit hahaha

:pac: some people think there only ones there.

Overall mate said was best gig ever been to and hes been to alot plus got to meet the bass player out back afterwards mate got pic together with him.
    Scott think his name was so good night in the end :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Heading up to the gig tonight, cant wait, should be epic! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Sivski

It was really good but I think I missed hearing more of 'Alligator' and we didn't get anything from 'Cherry Tree' or the Sad Songs.

Great gig though, especially considering they literally walked off the bus and onto the stage. They really seemed to enjoy it themselves. The acoustic Vanderlyle was a real treat at the end.

I think tonight and tomorrow night will be even better, I can't wait! Wish I had tickets for Other Voices too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 angusdeaton

I heard the nitelink isn't running tonight?! How is everyone getting home from the gig?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I heard the nitelink isn't running tonight?! How is everyone getting home from the gig?!

I had thought the Christmas late night Luas would be running too but that's not happening now this weekend.
    I'll be haggling with a taxi driver tonight I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 angusdeaton

It'll be worth it anyway! I'm hanging round for spare tickets for the night I think.... Getting my winter warmers on now. Might bring a glass so I can press an ear to the wall in Brogans...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 niamhr

Are late night luases running after concerts?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,134 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

niamhr wrote: »
    Are late night luases running after concerts?

Be lucky to get a luas altogether they closed the lines from tallaght last night at around 7. Hopefully be ok tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 39 acia

Am going tomorrow night and wondering how I'm going to get back to navan. Any idea what time gig ends at?? Need to make arrangements. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Ah, reading this is getting me all excited for tomorrow night. Good times will surely follow. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thepcgp

No ticket advertising permitted.

Advertisement