Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The National - Olympia Dublin - 02/03/04 Dec 2010 - All discussion no tickets/swaps.

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 624 ✭✭✭big_show

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Ah, reading this is getting me all excited for tomorrow night. Good times will surely follow. :)

Tonight was Spectacular. These guys put on some show. From start to finish, just awesome. I'm nearly afraid to try and get a ticket for tomorrow night in case its not as good!

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

Awesome gig, just amazing. Played All The Wine and About Today - so happy

Anyone got a video of me helping/pushing Matt up over the barrier tonight? :D Want to see it for kicks!

• Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭part time punk

Well last nights gig totally rocked. Awesome from the very start of Runaway to the end of the encore. So glad I got off my hole and dragged myself out in the snow and ice last night as I was thinking of giving it a miss at one stage. If you're going tonight enjoy, you're in a for a treat. for info I think the National came on about 9.15 and including encores played till about 11.15, but I could be wrong on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭levi

Was the violinist, Padma, there last night? He wasn't there on Thursday... there must have been a violin for About Today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

No violinist just the 2 guys on trumpet.
    I've got to echo the previous comments about last nite, it was an epic gig. Could have deducted a point for nearly getting strangled by the mic lead but I 'll let that slide :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭X-Calibre

No violinist just the 2 guys on trumpet.
    I've got to echo the previous comments about last nite, it was an epic gig. Could have deducted a point for nearly getting strangled by the mic lead but I 'll let that slide :pac:

Haha, did you see how far he went with it? After a while all I could see was the mic lead bobbing up and down. It looked like he went all the way up to the bar to talk to the 2 women at the table he had been talking about earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭deeks

Incredible gig last night. So many highlights but have to single out an epic Conversation 16 and also the acoustic Vanderlyle to finish.

Awesome. Would give anything to be going again tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

X-Calibre wrote: »
    Haha, did you see how far he went with it? After a while all I could see was the mic lead bobbing up and down. It looked like he went all the way up to the bar to talk to the 2 women at the table he had been talking about earlier

He literally walked into the middle of the bar singing Mr November!!!!!!!!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭MetalDog

really enjoyed this, absolutely great gig. loved the acoustic at the end - would like to see the lads doing a full unplugged set in the future perhaps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I woke up today with no voice cause I was singing my heart out last night!!

It was the best gig I've ever been too hands down. I loved every minute of it.
    So jealous of anyone going tonight, you're in for a treat. It will exceed your expectations no matter how high they are.

I'm going to see them in Berlin in February too:)

I am in love with Matt, he's a hero!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭Im_No_Superman

Epic epic gig, exceeded all my expectations!

When Matt went into the crowd during Mr November, at one stage myself and my mate were holding him up while he was belting out the chorus, surreal! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mashmish

Stunning performance by The National last night!! What a band!!! These guys in a different league. Think I have neck injuries tho after Matt's spectacular crowd surfing... can't wait to explain my back problem in work on Monday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

This guy has uploaded lots of good quality videos from the show on his youtube page. Some gig its hard not to get caught up in the hype around them but it really was that good and lived up to all my expectations.

Some other good ones I came across.

Opr

• Registered Users Posts: 3,555 ✭✭✭Gillington

Awesome night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 mashmish

Hey!
    thanks for posting those clips! Superb!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

MetalDog wrote: »
    really enjoyed this, absolutely great gig. loved the acoustic at the end - would like to see the lads doing a full unplugged set in the future perhaps?

We will (I believe). They just did Other Voices, which we'll see on the telly in the new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Flattery

Beetlebum wrote: »

So jealous of anyone going tonight, you're in for a treat. It will exceed your expectations no matter how high they are.

Lucky sod! Saw them in Berlin myself in May, and it was an absolute treat to see one of the world's great live bands in one of the world's great cities. Do you know which Berlin venue they're playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Great gig Saturday night. Really enjoyed it, much more than Electric Picnic. Olympia was a better venue for them. It was cool that Richard Reed Parry of Arcade Fire joined them on stage for a couple of songs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Sivski

I went to all three nights, they were all so bloody amazing. The highlights for me were hearing About Today on the second night and Available on the third night. I thought Anybody's Ghost, England and Bloodbuzz sounded best off the new album. I want to go and see them every evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭kerash

OMG People talking through the gig fup them

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

Beetlebum wrote: »

Oh my God you are joking me!
    I'm dying to go to Berlin and i would just love to see the National again. Two birds, one stone.
    How fast do you think this gig will sell out?
    Do you have any clue on how big the venue is?

Friday night was epic! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thepcgp

So, anyone going? I'm a huge fan but my wife hates them so looking for someone to travel with.

Wouldn't miss them (again) for the world. Didn't get tickets for Dublin in time!

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭hyperbaby

I will decide by tomorrow or Friday if i'm going.
    Flights are fairly cheap right now so i might just go...
    What have i got to lose??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

kerash wrote: »
    OMG People talking through the gig fup them

Really annoying. Why pay in & not watch the show? There was a fella in front of me (Sat night) completely out of it. Stumbling backwards. He actually went in to the area at the back for the sound engineers and tried to talk to them. If he pulled out a cable or something the show could have been stopped for a while. Security went in to get him out & just let him back in the crowd. About 15 mins later he got thrown out for something else. Idiot.

Something else I don't understand is people sitting down inside the bar having a chat when The National were on stage :confused:
    thepcgp wrote: »
    I'm a huge fan but my wife hates them

Has she seen them live? My gf didn't really like them that much when I'd listen to their albums & wasn't too happy about going but she thought they were great the other night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Really annoying. Why pay in & not watch the show?

It's one of my pet hates. My girlfriend said there was a row of guys behind her who talked constantly the whole way through the show on Friday. It's irritating as hell but morons think it's perfectly acceptable to do.
    Something else I don't understand is people sitting down inside the bar having a chat when The National were on stage :confused:

Guestlisters most likely who aren't too bothered about the band. They get in late, can't see or find a good spot and end up in the bar.

At least they don't stand behind you yammering away. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭thepcgp

H8GHOTI wrote: »
    Has she seen them live? My gf didn't really like them that much when I'd listen to their albums & wasn't too happy about going but she thought they were great the other night.

No she hasn't but it wouldn't matter. There's some history. She just can't stand them.

Advertisement