Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

STOLEN!!! PLEASE READ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

... Are you a shop or site owner or was it a break in?? As far as i know you have to report such thefts to the police and mention the loss of the 'replica firearms'

Otherwise ill keep my eyes out and best of luck finding them again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Shanewalsh

Is my Taurus still on the desk with the black tape around it? This is bloody crazy and i hope that the Garda do something about it. If i had my way i would have dobermans and rottweilers left the in place over night. Scumbags

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

Sorry to hear that D, Its the office block, I knew there was something wrong when i pulled up in the car today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭Damo 2k9

Where these robbed from your house or while at a site or what ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58 ✭✭Nemesis G.O.A.

The Garda have been informed of all the items stolen, fingerprints taken etc, all by the book, but after a month of nothing, I'm putting it out there to the community to see if I can get any results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rossla

WTF?? was stuff nicked last night????, f**king w**kers

Shanewalsh wrote: »
    Is my Taurus still on the desk with the black tape around it? This is bloody crazy and i hope that the Garda do something about it. If i had my way i would have dobermans and rottweilers left the in place over night. Scumbags

Its silver tape, and yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Silent Death

The Garda have been informed of all the items stolen, fingerprints taken etc, all by the book, but after a month of nothing, I'm putting it out there to the community to see if I can get any results.

Best of luck, its stupid the way thing like this turn out

rossla wrote: »
    WTF?? was stuff nicked last night????, f**king w**kers

Yep, MY Spetznaz n tac vest full of grenades n JT Mask, and they ripped a pipe off the wall n flooded the ground floor corridor

Thats s**t, I know the gun alright, was it the one with Danny's B***h on the side?? I hope they get caught this time

• Advertisement

Thats s**t, I know the gun alright, was it the one with Danny's B***h on the side?? I hope they get caught this time

Yes, they stole my Bi7ch :( Pray the Garda catch them n not us!!! :eek: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 859 ✭✭✭StevieGriff

Ok, I don't get this. Two seperate incidents, right? Could ya clarify if these were house break in's or stolen while at a game day?

(Sorry to hear btw, thats a hell of alot of kit. Gutted for you man!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Ok, I don't get this. Two seperate incidents, right? Could ya clarify if these were house break in's or stolen while at a game day?

They were stolen from a site.

Hope they find the gear lads:(

Yes, robbed twice :mad: Stolen from a site in Dublin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

may or may not help,but if site gives the cops a copy of
    all waiver forms it may help.and im not sayin someone
    that played their did it,but the cops can check them out.
    but im sure this has been done yea?

So my gun was stolen eh, now its personal haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Seriously for the 2nd time ,
    unbeilveable ,

Shanewalsh wrote: »
    So my gun was stolen eh, now its personal haha

No, ur (broken) pistol is still there

deco nate wrote: »
    may or may not help,but if site gives the cops a copy of
    all waiver forms it may help.and im not sayin someone
    that played their did it,but the cops can check them out.
    but im sure this has been done yea?

The first time we think was a player, the 2nd, kids/teens. Names have been taken ;)

il keep an ear out around the area

• Advertisement

Gatling wrote: »
    il keep an ear out around the area

Many thanks, thats all I can ask. Hopefully this way the word will get around the whole country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

If the 'office' is the one im thinking of there is a trailer park right behind it full of thugs and dodgy people, I heard they jump over the fences using their caravans to get height over the fence and they rob stock and cash from the warehouses around the estate, so they may have hopped over the fence saw your stuff and went it and took it all, its a possibility that they are the ones who took it.

AGB_Ghost wrote: »
    If the 'office' is the one im thinking of there is a trailer park right behind it full of thugs and dodgy people, I heard they jump over the fences using their caravans to get height over the fence and they rob stock and cash from the warehouses around the estate, so they may have hopped over the fence saw your stuff and went it and took it all, its a high possibility that they are the ones who took it.

Could well be them :mad: hope they left fingerprints

I pass by the trailer park almost everyday ill keep my eyes open everytime i pass by just incase i see them with any part of your gear, ill let you know

I pass by the trailer park almost everyday ill keep my eyes open everytime i pass by just incase i see them with any part of your gear, if they do ill head down to the garda station on my way to town and let them know.

Many thanks m8, thats all I need, people to just keep an eye n ear out, on the street and on the sites

Not a problem.

Here is what i put inside my guns

http://www.securehologram.cn/images/Hologram_number.jpg

I put stickers like those in parts like inside the stock or somewhere less opened or fiddled with on the gun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Here is what i put inside my guns

http://www.securehologram.cn/images/Hologram_number.jpg

I put stickers like those in parts like inside the stock or somewhere less opened or fiddled with on the gun

They're only of use if by some small chance you encounter the gun on a site and even then you can't demand to strip every gun on the site of the same model.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,061 ✭✭✭damagegt

It might be some help to anyone for the future .But I write on all my tools with a black light maker which cant be seen unless a black light is put over it.very handy way of knowing if a gun/tools are yours.

Sorry to hear about your gear.

heres a link http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHARPIE-INVISIBLE-UV-INK-Ultraviolet-Blacklight-Marker-/380265664170?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5889998eaa

• Advertisement

Born and bred in the area, halting site is gone atleast 2 years and there is only other industrial property around it. Id say it was the local scum, pictures should help me greatly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Sgt.pepper

sorry to hear about what happend mate, but karma is a b*tch when its against you, what goes around, comes around, good luck mate

Think I'll just attach a doberman to my next gun the luck I'm having at the moment :(

or just hire jet li and tie your guns to him, i think he's alot better than a dober man :p

Sgt.pepper wrote: »
    or just hire jet li and tie your guns to him, i think he's alot better than a dober man :p

The whole lot of the expendables!!! Not just happyfeet ;)

pfft who needs expendables when you got bruce lee.. BACK FROM THE FREAKING DEAD? :p:p

• Advertisement

Sgt.pepper wrote: »
    pfft who needs expendables when you got bruce lee.. BACK FROM THE FREAKING DEAD? :p:p

I got 2 words for you, Chuck Norris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

Random enquiry...were the devices left in the site overnight? Basically I was wondering if the robberies took place during gameplay, opening hours or when closed up.

PS: I remember reading someone was going to keep an eye out. Be smart, call the Garda. Do not take law into your own hands or you're likely to be in for a world of pain. By all means observe, but if you see anything, just report it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Within a month some of the stuff will be up in the adverts section as someones first post.

Hope you get the toe rags who did this. Not messing, but I bet you these will be used in other activities apart from Skirmishing. And I for one wouldn't mind them getting a visit from the ERU for possession of a stolen firearm

Hope you get your stuff back. Any chance insurance could lessen the damage?

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cheecch251

Last year at a sunday market in the meath area i came across some aeg's that were obiviously stolen, they guy who was from the north, was selling cd's mainly but had about 5 aegs which had scopes and such and were defo not out of the box. I was asking him about them and he didint have a clue what i was on about in respect of chronoing fps etc. Nemisis you should take a tour of sunday markets around the dub area you might get lucky.

Sorry to hear about your troubles but i think we (airsofters) should be concerned that we may be targeted so our stuff could be used be a criminal element which might bring down more restrictions on what we can have.

So lads lets try and make sure our gear is locked up tight at home to avoid this.

Inari wrote: »
    Random enquiry...were the devices left in the site overnight? Basically I was wondering if the robberies took place during gameplay, opening hours or when closed up.

PS: I remember reading someone was going to keep an eye out. Be smart, call the Garda. Do not take law into your own hands or you're likely to be in for a world of pain. By all means observe, but if you see anything, just report it

Yes, thanks for that, please inform the Garda if u see suspicious (non airsofter) people with airsoft guns for sale etc. The break-ins took place at night, not during game play.

• Advertisement

cheecch251 wrote: »
    Last year at a sunday market in the meath area i came across some aeg's that were obiviously stolen, they guy who was from the north, was selling cd's mainly but had about 5 aegs which had scopes and such and were defo not out of the box. I was asking him about them and he didint have a clue what i was on about in respect of chronoing fps etc. Nemisis you should take a tour of sunday markets around the dub area you might get lucky.

Sorry to hear about your troubles but i think we (airsofters) should be concerned that we may be targeted so our stuff could be used be a criminal element which might bring down more restrictions on what we can have.

So lads lets try and make sure our gear is locked up tight at home to avoid this.

Good advice man. I think I might just do a tour of the markets like u said, hadn't really thought of that myself as never seen aegs at 1, and if anyone reading this happens to see anything suspicious, I hope they would take a sec to ask a few questions a non player/gun owner might be caught out by :confused:

there is 3 regular markets around the area on weekends

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭goblin59

are they in city centre? i can look out if they are

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

I'll make sure we watch out for them.Magic gets offered a lot of rifles for cash and trade in at the Kildare shop!

Kylemore Road (Sunday), is one of the markets. There is usually a car boot sale on near the basketball arena once a month and i seen some one selling airsoft stuff before.

The windsor market is near the office block not sure where it moved to but its defo in the area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭Keegan

I think there's still one in Tallaght Village also. Inbetween the funeral home and the church.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭SG AIRSOFT

sorry to hear that

if my players heard something on those stolen items,I will let you know.

SG AIRSOFT wrote: »
    sorry to hear that

if my players heard something on those stolen items,I will let you know.

Many thanks man.

Is there no security dude driving round the place at night??

Is there no security dude driving round the place at night??

Ah yeh, but I had to walk round the building 3 times to spot where they'd broken in

• Advertisement
Advertisement