Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for Pyrex dishes with plastic lids in Dublin or www

Options
  • 05-09-2010 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭

Where can I get these in Dublin. There are different size, the best are 1.4 litres approx IMO.
    I have found them on the www but no one ships to Ireland for a reasonable price.

Arnots did them once but that was years ago, they have no stock anymore.

Who does loads of prrex in Dublin?

http://www.shopworldkitchen.com/index.asp?pageID=231&upc=71160173965

These are a really excellent product.

Portion off cooked food and put it in the fridge

or

Cook in it - lazagne or shepards pie for example
    Freezer - add lid and freeze contents
    Defrost then microwave - Remove one corner of the lid and microwave.
    Place mat - Put the lid under the glass and use it to lift the hot glass out and then use it as a place mat.
    Lunch box - but you have to be more careful carrying glass, but I think its worth it.

Ideal for a student or anyone. Its so presentable and you can see whats in it.

What a product.

I really like eating from glass containers but plastic containers can flavour the food I find and the walls are too high on the side. Where as these are perfect.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

I'm not 100%, but I have one of these. Think I got it in Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,581 ✭✭✭worded

Dinkie wrote: »
    I'm not 100%, but I have one of these. Think I got it in Tesco.

Tescos - Is it a Pyrex? Should be a logo on it if so.

Dunnes did them for a few weeks on special for 10 euro but they no longer have them, was a once off.

Arnots used to do them, havnt seen them there in years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

Sorry, I don't think it is, but it does every thing you have listed above!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

worded wrote: »
    Tescos - Is it a Pyrex? Should be a logo on it if so.
    You realise Pyrex is just a brand name? it is just a product made from borosilicate glass, you might be paying well over the odds for a brand name and other brands of borosilicate glass could well be higher quality. There are other heat resistant glasses too, seems in the US pyrex brand is not necessarily borosilicate.

Dinkie wrote: »
    Sorry, I don't think it is, but it does every thing you have listed above!

Ok I will look in tescos so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

Home Store & More sometimes have them. I got one of the ones in Dunnes and they're actually quite hard to grip with oven gloves. Because there aren't handles they tend to slip out of your grasp - just something to be aware of if you get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Because there aren't handles they tend to slip out of your grasp - just something to be aware of if you get one.
    I have a dish like that, I put it onto a baking tray first so I pull out the baking tray slowly and lift that out instead of the bowl itself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

rubadub wrote: »
    I have a dish like that, I put it onto a baking tray first so I pull out the baking tray slowly and lift that out instead of the bowl itself.

That's what I do too - it's a bit less dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭wellboy76

Try Sweeney O'Rourke on Pearce Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭LimeFruitGum

I picked up some good storage food boxes in various sizes in Ikea last week.

• Advertisement

I picked up some good storage food boxes in various sizes in Ikea last week.

Nothing beats the glass containers IMO.
    Its nice to eat reheaded from and its good to clearly see the food in the fridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

I was just looking at these in tescos.. they had 1.5L ones for something like E5.25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭mr_happy

Typhoon. wrote: »
    I was just looking at these in tescos.. they had 1.5L ones for something like E5.25

Which tescos were you in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Tesco Ardkeen in Waterford, good chance the other big tesco stores will have them though

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭nyeb2007

I personally don't have them but have deffo seen them in the Kleeneze catelogue

http://www.main-book.co.uk/roi-icat.htm

Advertisement