Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Killer whales in Irish sea.

Options
  • 05-09-2010 7:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭

I was talking to my mate's in the pub last who had only come from sea, they work and skipper a trawler, and they said came across two killer whales in the Irish sea about 7mile off Louth.
    Would have loved to see that:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

They are frequent visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭Durnish

If you want to see them

I think you're going to need a bigger boat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭handydandy

They are meant to be frequent visitors alright, other whales and sharks are also always around our waters but very hard to spot them unless your out far enough.

like I said,
    you're gonna need a bigger boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

Durnish wrote: »
    like I said,

Why? Do they like big boats or do you need to be a pirate before you can see them?

• Advertisement

Too young for Jaws?

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭skipz

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Durnish wrote: »
    like I said,

Just as long as the boat is not called the Bumpo. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Funny me seeing this thread tonight. I was walking the dogs yesterday on Bray beach and one of my Westies loves swimming and riding the waves back in. For some reason the image popped into my head of an Orca beaching and gobbling him up like they do at Tiera Del Fuego with the seals. Only to hear now that there are Orcas in the Irish Sea atm!! :D

LOL, I know I know, a lot of Orca feeding behaviours are learned and very regional and our lot are probably exclusively fish eaters:D

Still after that image popped into my Head a told Butch to get out of the water :D

Advertisement